2442 Telegraph Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704-2321

Cafe Intermezzo

Neighborhoods: Elmwood
Cuisine: Salads, Health Food, American

Cafe Intermezzo is a Salads, Health Food, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

• 4/14/2015

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/10/2014

A Salads food lover from Tokyo, 40 tried it.

• 10/08/2013

A Salads food lover from Nisshin, 01 tried it.

• 8/20/2013

A Salads food lover from Hommachi, 13 tried it.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

delicious & healthy

this place is amazing. it was definitely one of my fav berkeley restaurants as a student (within walking distance of campus, cheap given the portions, and oh-so-tasty). if you’re in the mood for something healthy, refreshing, yummy, casual, and not $$$, intermezzo’s is a great place to eat in berkeley.

the salads are GINORMOUS and they don’t skimp on the trimmings. i personally love their poppyseed dressing – it’s sweet, addicting, and excellent.

the sandwiches are pretty darn big too.

the menu isn’t all too extensive, but broad enough to give you a nice mix of choices. and like previous posters have said, avoid the rush times.

roast beef sandwich

so much meat in 1 sandwich – gotta love it!

Chef Salad

a mountain-high salad topped with ALL that good veggie stuff + a wallop of meat. you can’t lose.

fattiusthebear photo

fattiusthebear

tasty and healthy!

If you are looking for large portions of healthy, cheap food, then this is the place to go. The sandwiches are jam packed with meat, and comes with really really good bread. But the salad is the most popular by far. It is a huge bowl and comes with a ridiculous variety of items. It is definitely one of the best salads I have had, though it is big and I didn’t like the beans. The only downside to this place is that the line is always really long.

oicitnow88 photo

oicitnow88

I'm FULL!!!!

The food was great and the service was great. They make the order in front of you so you can tell how good looking the food is already. They give you such large portions that many people I know couldn’t finish the meal. You may think that you might get hungry later after just eating the salad, but this isn’t the case! The only think that I didn’t like about the place is that they didn’t take credit cards.

Chef Salad

Such a large portion for such a cheap price. Price of a whole meal, but it was filling of a whole meal, even though it’s only one thing. Their dressings are to die for!

freshfunk5 photo

freshfunk5

San Francisco, CA

You Don't Have to be a Hippie to Eat Here

Talk to anybody who went to Berkeley and they will know of Cafe Intermezzo.

Intermezzo is known to have THE best salads throughout Berkeley and maybe even the Bay Area. I highly recommend getting the poppy seed dressing. The first time I had it, I saw the light and took up religion!

You don’t have to be a hippie to eat here. If you want something fresh, light, tasty, and healthy, they have what you want — nah, what you NEED.

I’m also a fan of the hummus sandwhich. Mmm mmm delicious! Oh yeah. They’re cheap too!! College prices rule.

kassy photo

kassy

Salad Heaven

I’m not a salad gal normally, but this places salad is yummy and cheap. For about 4 dollars you get this huge ass salad, way more than you can eat in one sitting. (unless you’re a really big eater i suppose). My fav is the poppy seed dressing on the green salad. enjoy!
I had a soup once, but I didn’t really like it that much.
oh yeah. be careful. it’s cash only.

green salad

Gotta love it. its so good. the poppy seed dressing is recommended.

Gromit photo

Gromit

Pittsburgh, PA

Favorite Berkeley Lunch place

The salads are made to order and ingredients fresh. Try it with the sweet vinagrette dressing. Delicious. Sometimes they give you a thick clice of honey wheat bread with your salad but it’s hit and miss.

achang photo

achang

Berkeley, CA

Well sized salads with delicious dressings, though I love...

Well sized salads with delicious dressings, though I love their poppyseed. And awesome sandwiches with all the fixings I could ask for! It’s unfortunate that they don’t have a slightly larger variety in salads, but they are very good! Though their quality can differ from day to day depending on who makes it. A solid staple in the restaurants in the area but nothing to truly rave about.

lafcadiyoda photo

lafcadiyoda

Portland, OR

Giant salads and sandwiches with so much texture your mou...

Giant salads and sandwiches with so much texture your mouth doesn’t know what to do with itself. Grainy, seedy, leafy goodness. Makes me sad I live so far away.

CharlieL photo

CharlieL

Santa Clara, CA

This is probably the most overrated place in...

This is probably the most overrated place in all of Berkeley. The salads are large yes, but they’re not particularly good in any way. The soups I’ve had here have been pretty mediocre. I’m not particularly fond of the sandwiches here either; Togo’s and Quizno’s do a much better job. Better yet, go over to Stuffed Inn on the north side. I’ve given this place 3 chances, and it’s just disappointed every time…especially the time they gave me 10 dollars less in change.

justin photo

justin

Best Salad Ever. Ever since my Berkeley...

Best Salad Ever.

Ever since my Berkeley days I’ve been searching for a salad place as good as Intermezzo. Nothing’s ever come close. What’s so hard about making a big and tasy salad? Maybe it’s the magical poppy seed dressing.

Chef Salad

My favorite salad. Choice of lunch meat + egg. Yum.

Salads Health Food American
Sun-Sat 08:00AM - 10:00PM

Cafe Intermezzo  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Intermezzo is located near the cities of Columbus, Regina, Albany, Rockridge, and Kensington.
People found this by searching for: Best Salads In Berkeley, Intermezzo Berkeley Menu, Intermezzo Berkeley Ca, Cafe Intermezzo Berkeley, Intermezzo Berkeley, Cafe Intermezzo Berkeley Menu, and Cafe Intermezzo Menu.