87 L Street
South Boston, MA 02127

Cafe Mamtaz

Neighborhoods: South Boston
Cuisine: Pakistani, Healthy, Vegetarian

Cafe Mamtaz is a Pakistani, Healthy, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

saimonsamin photo

saimonsamin

Boston, MA

Absolutely delicious

Absolutely delicious! I had my first experience with Cafe Mamtaz at lunch today. I ordered online and requested it be ready for 11:45am. When I got there at 11:43 they were just packaging up my order! Perfect timing and delicous food smells, I knew my day was getting better… I got back to the office and unwrapped my Aloo Parata- a potato and wheat bread- very hot and the perfect balance of savory and sweet when I tore off pieces and dipped it in my Coconut Soup. I also ordered the Nabaraton Korma- 9 veggies in a creamy, mildly spicy and very fragrant sauce. This comes with a side of Basmati rice. I am now STUFFED and still have enough of each item left over to create at least two more meals. I have to say, I can’t wait to try everything else on the menu. This was a fantastic first taste.

Nabaraton Korma

July 28, 2010

July 23, 2010

7/27/2018

A Soups chowhound from Seekonk, MA tried Rondo's Sub Shop in South Boston, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/23/2018

An Italian food lover from Ludlow, MA tried Italian American Restaurant in South Boston.

6/30/2018

A Soups food lover from Boston, MA tried Joseph's Bakery in South Boston.

6/30/2018

A Soups chowhound from US tried Rondo's Sub Shop in South Boston.

6/22/2018

A dining patron from Boston, MA tried Doughboy Deli in South Boston.

4/18/2018

A dining patron from Providence, RI tried Rondo's Sub Shop in South Boston.

3/30/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Boston, MA tried Doughboy Donuts & Deli in South Boston.

3/04/2018

A Diner chowhound from US tried Terrie's Place in South Boston.

2/18/2018

An Italian chowhound from US tried Italian American Restaurant in South Boston.

2/10/2018

Sidewalkcafe tried Sidewalk Cafe in South Boston, liked it, and rated it . Sidewalkcafe liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pakistani Takeout Restaurant
BigSherpa photo
BigSherpa, the Owner, says:

Our cafe is named after Arjumand Banu Begum. Arjumand was married to Shah Jahan in 1612 (then Prince Khurram). He found her appearance and character superior to women of the time and gave her the title ‘Mumtaz Mahal’ Begum (Chosen One of the Palace). Despite taking other wives, the two had a very deep and loving marriage. Mumtaz was portrayed as the perfect wife with no aspirations to political power. Despite that, she was a great influence on him, often intervening on behalf of the poor and destitute.
Today, the Taj Mahal stands as the ultimate monument to love and homage to her beauty and life.

From CityGrid:

Lunch in South Boston

Supreme House of Pizza

Calzones in South Boston

Cafe Mamtaz  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Mamtaz is located near the cities of Uphams Corner, Suffolk County, , Boston, and North Waltham.
People found this by searching for: Cafe Mamtaz South Boston, Sidewalk Cafe South Boston Menu, Sidewalk Cafe, South Boston, Pictures, Mamtaz South Boston, Cafe Mamtaz, Sidewalk Cafe Menu South Boston, and Mamtaz L.