14601 Sw Millikan Way
Beaverton, OR 97006

Cafe Yumm!

Neighborhoods: Cooper Mountain - Aloha North
Cuisine: Soul Food, Asian, Lunch

Cafe Yumm! is a Soul Food, Asian, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Cafe Yumm! Actually WAS ;)

Today my daughter and I were having a relaxing Sunday girls day out when we decided we were hungry and wanted to think of a restaurant where we could get a tasty, inexpensive lunch. As we headed down Murray Blvd. in Beaverton I remembered seeing this place and since I’d been wanting to have an excuse to check it out we figured we’d give it a shot.

The interior was attractive with plenty of table space and a big menu on the wall above the ordering counter made it easy to see what was on offer. Since we hadn’t been there before and no one else was in line when we walked in, I asked the girl behind the counter what she recommended. She was very friendly and suggested their Original Yumm Bowl – their “signature dish” – and even gave us each a sample. This dish consisted of organic brown rice and organic black beans layered with their Original Yumm! Sauce®, topped with organic salsa. Since it was a bowl it also automatically included these other “Deluxe” toppings: Tillamook® cheddar, diced tomato, fresh avocado slices, sour cream, black olives, & cilantro. We both thought this sounded good, but since I normally don’t eat much in the way of grains or beans I decided the Yumm! and Greens would work better for me since it was the Original bowl but served on a bed of organic field greens. My daughter and I both thought this sounded great for us. It also normally comes with corn chips, but we passed on those.

We paid for our orders and were given a plastic tent card with a number on it to place on our table for the server to bring us our food. We did notice that several of the tables were empty but had not been wiped off, so it looked a little “messy” but we found a booth with a clean table and had a seat.

The food was delivered promptly and we both really loved what we ordered. We decided to go with the original sauce (I noticed other varieties, such as Chipotle and Garlic available for sale in their display case) and I ordered mine with edamame while my daughter got hers with black beans. When we were done we had just enough space left for a little something sweet, so we got one of their HUGE organic, wheat-free, vegan ginger cookies dipped in chocolate and split it for dessert.

There are a lot of other delicious items on their menu that we want to try another time. We really loved that everything was organic and mostly vegan. What wasn’t vegan was eigher free-range or another high-quality product. They even had bottles of Braggs Amino Acids on their condiment table next to the hot sauce and regular soy sauce! I was impressed ;)

Spazz photo

Spazz

Hillsboro, OR

Eugene Staple Comes to Beaverton

Date Visited: Sunday 7/5/09 (Brunch)

After a nice walk in the Tualatin Hills Nature Park, my fiance and I walked over to Cafe Yumm. We had one previous visit and have been trying to go back ever since. The walk to the Cafe was nice as it was a beautiful morning. We had called around 9:30 a.m. and were told the Cafe would be open at 10. Unfortunately, at 10 until we left, we were the only people in there. I guess Sunday mornings aren’t meant to be prime eating hours, especially at this particular location.

The Cafe is situated at the corner of Murray and Millikan. There are businesses around there, but it’s not a big weekend hotspot. If you didn’t know the Cafe was there, you’d simply drive by and miss it every time.

The staff was SO nice. The girl who took our order was so happy – unnaturally so on a Sunday morning. It was a good morning because of them and I can’t wait to make it a normal place to have a meal. They’re SO vegetarian and vegan-friendly and they’re SO close to home. Why wouldn’t I keep going back again and again? OK, maybe because the staff is variable and the portion sizes can be small — except the cheesy wraps, below.

Southwest Tofu Wrap

Alicks ordered the Southwestern Tofu Wrap. She was expecting a small neatly wrapped tortilla. Instead, I got a monstrous tortilla (cheese melted on it) overflowing with seasoned tofu, salsa, and avocados. It was filling. It was good. It was fast. I really enjoyed it. I’m glad we were walking so much because I needed to work off the food.

makkim photo

makkim

Tigard, OR

Cafe Yuck is more like it!

Okay, I’ve been here twice and in both instances had to take my time finding something appealing to order on the menu. This place obviously takes pride in it’s Yumm sauce as they put it on mostly all their rice and noodle dishes. Have to say the name itself sounds less than welcoming not to mention it looks like something a cat regurgitated. If you decide to eat here, I recommend just getting a side order of beans and rice along with a tortiilla. Make your own burrito or something. In fairness, the place deserves two stars for it’s use of a recycling bins, cleanliness and friendly staff that serve you with a smile.

Ginger Garlic Veggie Burger

Since I asked them to veganize it, the sandwich came on sourdough and portion size was skimpy. Flavor was blah! The asian-slaw was good, wish more was offered than the 1/4 cup that was on my plate. On another occasion, I ordered a side of beans and rice. For $4.50 I assumed I would get a decent serving. Boy was I wrong!

Vegetarian Vegan Friendly Takeout Good for groups
Cafe Yumm!

Soul Food in Five Oaks

Abhiruchi South North Indian

Indian in Five Oaks

Cafe Yumm!  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Yumm! is located near the cities of Cedar Hills, Raleigh Hills, Cedar Mill, Beaverton Hillsboro, and Garden Home Whitford.
People found this by searching for: Millikan & Murray Noodles, Ay Cafe Murray Milikan, Cafe Yumm Tofu Skewer Vegan?, Cafe Yumm Menu, Cafe Yumm Delta Oaks, Pictures Of Cafe Yumm Food, and 14601 Sw Millikan Way, Beaverton, Or.