Caffe Italia

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Overall
Pros
"Family friendly abd good food!"
Cons
"Overcooked or undercooked food."
"Decor is kind of outdated."
  • 6/19/2017

A dining patron from Davis, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/08/2017

An Italian chowhound from Sacramento, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/02/2017

A diner from Hayward, CA tried it.

• 2/09/2017

An Italian food lover from Stockton, CA tried it.

• 11/04/2016

An Italian chowhound from Sacramento, CA tried it and liked it.

• 1/20/2016

A dining patron from Vacaville, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Overcooked or undercooked food.
  • 8/28/2015

An Italian chowhound from Woodland, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/15/2015

An Italian food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 4/04/2015

An Italian food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 10/25/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

jmix photo

jmix

Irvine, CA

Cafe Italia - A more homey Buca De Beppo

I came here because of my cousin’s graduation from UC Davis. The first thing I noticed when I walked in were the old style Italian pictures and environment, very similar to Buca De Beppo. Our service was prompt, food was sort of quick to arrive at. I ordered a chicken fettuccine that was supposed to be spicy, but I hardly tasted it. My cousins ordered the Rustic Penne (I think that is their flagship pasta?) and I honestly thought it was just OK. Reminded me of a Cheescake Factory DaVinci pasta. We also shared a Cafe Combo pizza between us, which I thought was good. It had the extra element of pizza taste that I’m not really sure how to describe, but is absent in the fast-food pizza joints.

The one thing that I really liked (that gives this review an extra star) was their free unlimited garlic bread. For the price of pasta, I would give it a mediocre rating. The pizza is above par, and service was decent. Price could be a little high for quality of food.

Chicken Fettucine

Really, not that great.

Really, not that great.

July 10, 2009

Caffe Italia is Wonderful

We ate here for the first time today (7/9/09). We all found the food to be appetizing, and wonderfully prepared. We will definitely return to Caffe Italia in the future and recommend it to friends.
December 18, 2008

Caffe Italia

This is a great place to take a family. The tablecloth is paper and you are provided with crayons to decorate. It's a lot of fun and the food is good, but it can be expensive. However there are half portions which make is more manageable.…

Pasta Q Trattoria Italiana

Italian in Downtown Core

Strings Italian Cafe

Italian in Central Davis

Pizza Guy's

Pizza in Davis Manor

1/16/2018

A Noodles food lover from San Francisco, CA tried Uniboil, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/16/2018

A dining patron from Davis, CA tried Lazi Cow, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/16/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Davis, CA tried Hunan Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Core.

12/28/2017

A diner from Vacaville, CA tried Hunan Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Core, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
I ate here a lot when I worked at UC Davis. Since retirement I don't get there as often as I'd like but I am partial to the Pork in Hot Garlic Sauce and seldom order anything else. It is 10 stars out of five.
Cons
Nothing I'm aware of.
Comments
Lunch is the best time to visit. The luncheon menu allows you to taste the entre, chow mein, and fried or white rice as well as their crab rangoon (which the best I've ever eaten).
12/27/2017

A diner from CA tried Posh Bagel in Downtown Core and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

12/24/2017

A diner from Citrus Heights, CA tried Brick Toast Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/04/2017

A Chinese food lover from Davis, CA tried Hunan Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Core.

12/04/2017

A dining patron from Davis, CA tried Ding How Restaurant in Central Davis.

11/23/2017

A Cantonese chowhound from Davis, CA tried Tasty Kitchen.

10/01/2017

An Asian chowhound from Woodland, CA tried The Old Tea House in Central Davis, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Italian Breakfast/Brunch Catering

Caffe Italia  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Cafe Italia Davis Ca Menu, Cafe Italia Davis Ca, Cafe Italia Davis, Cafe Italiana Dixon, Cafe Italia Davis Ca Prices, Caffe Italia Menu Davis, Cafe Italia Menu, and Cafe Italia Davis Menu.