3104 Hamilton Blvd
Allentown, PA 18103-3630

Cali Burrito

Cuisine: Tex-mex, Fast Food, Vegan

Cali Burrito is a Tex-mex, Fast Food, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Fast, clean, filling, great food!"
"The burritos are huge and filling and the homemade chips are amazing!"
"Great food and lots of choices"
Cons
"Crowded"
"Price"
  • 7/13/2021

A Tex-mex food lover from Pottstown, PA tried it.

• 12/28/2016

A diner from Emmaus, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/04/2016

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 10/27/2015

A dining patron from Owings Mills, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fast, clean, filling, great food!
    Cons
    Crowded
  • 7/09/2015

A Tex-mex food lover from Emmaus, PA tried it.

• 6/07/2015

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/23/2015

A Tex-mex chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/16/2015

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it and liked it.

• 2/10/2015

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 1/29/2015

A Tex-mex chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it.

amber photo

amber

Horrible

I stopped in after work a couple of days ago, and was impressed with the pleasant interior, but that’s where the good stuff ended. If they mention tacos on their wall menu, I missed it. Ended up ordering a “Big Sur” steak burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, pinto beans and cilantro white rice. Sounded good. Took it home (within 15 minutes) and found the tortilla to be really soggy, the interior mostly foul tasting rice and a few beans. Where the steak and cheese was, I don’t know. I am a native northern Californian, right from the geographic places these people decided to name their “burritos.” The server at the counter said the owners “had lived” in California; well, maybe, but they sure didn’t learn anything about Mexican cuisine, even Americanized Mexican cuisine. Would have given it “minus” stars if I could have done so. The only thing I got out of this visit was a bad case of intestinal upset the next day. Don’t know if the food itself was spoiled or just tasted bad. Never again.

Big Sur Burrito

See above. This thing was disgusting and made me sick the next morning.

RJones photo

RJones

Hellertown, PA

Revisit

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

I visited Cali Burrito shortly after they opened and enjoyed it (see older review below). However I recently revisited the place and was very disappointed. I ordered the same item I had on a previous visit but instead of being yummy and satisfying it was plain and disappointing. During my visit there were several other patrons to the establishment in the dinning area, and almost all of them had ordered tacos instead of burritos. I think this may be the key as both my and my dining partner’s burrito where more than half bland rice. There was a sign up that they had been voted “best vegetarian” restaurant of Lehigh Valley or something or another. They do have quite a vegetarian friendly menu, but if it’s tasteless who cares?

Cambria

Grilled veggies with brown rice, black beans, gucamole, cheese, with add ons of lettuce, cilantro, and pico de gallo. The rice was tasteless and filled up more than half the burrito. The whole thing was cold and flavorless. The guacamole had way too much lime. The salsa & cilantro were unnoticable if they were even added.

foodstuffs photo

foodstuffs

Emmaus, PA

food is terrible and expensive

It’s mainly fluff food – stuffed with bland rice and beans and very little meat. The sour cream was made from a powder mixture and tasted like garbage. Each burrito is $7+, hardly worth it for the cost, let alone worth eating even if it were free. Personally I think taco bell is better than this yuppie place. They at least use real sour cream and their food is flavorful.

chicken burrito

terrible

Tray_C photo

Tray_C

This Place is Rad!

When I first walked in to Cali Burrito I knew these guys were on to something. The scene is completely different from any other place in the valley – you really feel like you are taking a vacation to California.

Then I ordered my food…a Monterey Chicken Burrito with an extra side of chips so I could try several different salsas from the Salsa Bar. OMG, it was the best thing I’ve eaten in a long time. It was so juicy and delish… At first I didn’t think I would be eating the whole thing (because it’s freakin gigantic), but I just couldn’t stop once I started.

I can’t believe that anybody else wouldn’t find something they love on this very diverse menu – it really has something for every body – even if you don’t like “Mexican Food”.

And thanks for the great selection of specialty drinks and teas!

chicken burrito

The best burrito I’ve ever had!

Tortilla chips

The definitely make their own chips AND they use flour AND corn tortillas to do it! How cool is that???!!! I’ve never even seen that done before!!! Awesome!

gourmoo photo

gourmoo

Based upon Chipotle Grille

Another Chipotle Grille-based LV restaurant, the best in town, but not Chipotle.

At least they have Carnitas which is how you eat a Burrito Grande in case no one ever taught you. Also whole wheat is really not authentic but granola head sort of taste, chacun a son gout I say.

Home made salsas sometimes are awkward, but always well-made. Plenty of vegetarian options and fish Tacos very good.

Try harder, but best in town could be a lot better. Meat (protein) portions require doubling or tripling to eat like you’re not some Gringo fairy.

Carnitos Burrito to order

I have to get double or triple meat, but it turns out really pretty OK. Many years living in California and Colorado, I think I am a good judge of Mexican. Take it to the bank, until something better comes along, this is it for the LV.

MilesDavison photo

MilesDavison

Awesome

I love this place. I’ve been there multiple times. I usually order the Cambria or the Humbolldt. I love that you can build your own burrito and mix and match ingredients to cater to your own tastes. If I remember, I always swap the flour tortilla for whole wheat. Their salsas are fantastic.

Cambria

The veggies are good. Top it with some salsa, and for a real treat add the smoked tofu (produced locally in Allentown!) It’s amazing.

Intros photo

Intros

Satisfaction + Great Service

I have been going to Cali Burrito on a bi-weekly basis for the last couple of months. The food is not as expensive as people say… if you want cheap crap to fill your face go to Taco Bell. I have always left satisfied and full, as the portions are large. The young girls seem a bit unenthusiastic but the regular managers always provides great service. This place is usually packed whenever I go there, which may be inconvenient, but it is for a reason. An outstanding establishment and highly recommended.

The Capitola

Chicken and cheese quesadilla w/ sour cream and salsa is amazing.

Scoobs photo

Scoobs

Allentown, PA

Rude Staff but Good Food (and sometimes cut corners)

I like the food and the idea behind the place but the rude workers really kill the California vibe. I am from CA and people are much friendlier there than here. The owners seem to consistently pick young women who are cold/rude/snobby and generally unfriendly.

Oh, plus, I do go here a lot and several times the chips have been stale. I think they started to cut corners after they got a following.

Also, please provide larger cups for the salsa!!! What ends up happening is that everyone stands there and fills multiple cups, resulting in everyone having to wait. I once asked if they could provide larger cups and they said then they would charge me. So, they are still having people take large amounts of salsa but it’s just making it annoying for everyone. Illogical.

Cambria

I love the Cambria. I ask them to add tofu to it. Yum!

Tex-mex Fast Food Vegan
Mon-Sat 11:00AM - 08:00PM

Cali Burrito  Restaurant Reviews

Cali Burrito is located near the cities of Fullerton, Lehigh Valley, Stiles, Hokendauqua, and South Whitehall Township.
People found this by searching for: Cali Burrito Allentown, Cali Burrito Calories, Cali Burrito Allentown Pa, Cali Burrito Menu, Prices For Cali Burrito, Cali Burrito Menu Allentown, Cali Burrito Prices, Cali Burrito Nutrition, and Cali Burrito.