6751 Painter Ave
Whittier, CA 90601-4409

California Grill

Neighborhoods: Whittier City
Cuisine: Sandwiches, Catering, Salads

California Grill is a Sandwiches, Catering, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
Pros
"Really good food! We had fish and chips and a side of excellent steamed veggies (no broccoli!)."
"Terrible....management !!!!!!"
Cons
"Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE management and customer service! We have given this restaurant to much business and too many chances over the years and they treat us like crud! Tonight we decided to order two Fettuccini Alfredo's and a order of Chicken Fin"
Comments
"Don't go here"
  • 11/20/2017

A Sandwiches food lover from West Covina, CA tried it.

• 11/11/2017

A Sandwiches food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/19/2017

A dining patron from La Habra, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Terrible....management !!!!!!
  • 9/24/2016

A Sandwiches food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 12/20/2015

A diner from Montebello, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/21/2015

A Sandwiches chowhound from Cleveland, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/20/2015

Kellylynngarcia tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . Kellylynngarcia didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    None
    Cons
    Comments
    Don't go here
  • 11/16/2015

A Sandwiches food lover from Long Beach, CA tried it.

• 4/22/2015

A Sandwiches food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 1/25/2015

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

Kellylynngarcia photo

Kellylynngarcia

Whittier, CA

Tired of giving them second chances

Tonight we decided to order two Fettuccini Alfredo’s and a order of Chicken Fingers. The order got here and the chicken was fine but the pasta was gummy and the sauce was completely bland. We called and spoke to Francisco (the manager) to have the pasta replaced and they reluctantly sent over two more bowls of pasta. I will give them credit they did gave us a free slice of cheesecake when we asked what they could do for the inconvenience… (Probably cost them 2.00, but whatever).

When the delivery guy arrived he told us he had instructions to take back the bad plates of pasta. Weird and kind of disgusting request but gladly obliged since it was horrendous tasting anyway. They are lucky we had not thrown them away, Francisco failed to tell us on the phone he would want them back. This made me feel like they didn’t trust us. Almost holding our new plates hostage unless we produced the tainted food.

Moving on we get the next two pasta bowls. One tasted like it was supposed to and the other one was gummy pasta again. I mean so bad that I spit the pasta back into the bowl!

So here we go calling back to let them know. This time we call Francisco and ask him to replace it. At this point it’s been over a hour and although my husband has dinner, I do not. So my husband asks Francisco if he can replace my order AGAIN and asks if we can have another piece of cheesecake for the hassle. Francisco proceeds to tell my husband he “can’t be wasting all this food” and that he has “already GIVEN us four pasta meals” and having to send a fifth. He acted like we had kept all that food and that he was doing us a favor. Sir come on your are a restaurant it is YOUR job to cook it right, it is not my fault your food tasted horrible! Again we let him know we were more than willing to send back the wretched pasta.

Francisco says he has to call Nick (who is apparently the general manager) for approval on a piece of cheesecake (rolls eyes). What kind of manager doesn’t have this authorization? I am not asking for a WHOLE cheesecake. He actually said “we would be losing $7.00” if I authorized this free item. Ok they charge $7.00 but I am absolutely sure they don’t pay that much for it. If they do I will gladly direct them to the next Costco (whose cheesecake is just as good) but much less expensive. In fact His whole excuse makes no sense because he said he couldn’t give us a cheesecake today, but he could give us one on our next order??? Ok I don’t know about you but when someone tells me something like this it will make me NEVER want to order from there again.

Francisco calls Nick, and you ask yourself what would a good manager do? Make the customer happy right? We have already made their night bad enough. NOPE, Nick says we are no longer allowed delivery!! Insult to injury, apparently if we want to eat at their restaurant we have to be there to inspect our food before we leave the premises.

No thanks Nick, I can see when my patronage is not wanted. I can take my business to any of the other local businesses around that appreciate me. Like, “Off the Hook” where they have the best fried shrimp tacos, “The Rusty Monk” which would put many burgers to shame or La Casa Del Cocinero come on these people have been in the papers and all over the internet for their spectacular food for a reason!

California Grill has three and a half stars for a reason, inconsistency with food and bad management! This is not our first experience with Francisco. I have worked in the customer service field my entire career and let me do you a favor based on my decades of being a people pleaser. My one recommendation is DO NOT visit California Grill.

Sandwiches Wifi Catering

California Grill  Restaurant Reviews

California Grill is located near the cities of West Whittier Los Nietos and Santa Fe Springs.
People found this by searching for: California Grill Menu Whittier, Annuities In Whittier California 90601 Mail, Auto Brokers In Whittier California 90601 Mail, Auto Performance In Whittier California 90601 Mail, Disney California Grill Menu Whittier Ca, California Grill Whittier Menu, California Grill Menu Whittier,Ca, California Grill Whittier Ca Menu, and California Grill Whittier.