930 Mccully St
Honolulu, HI 96826

Camellia Buffet

Neighborhoods: Mccully - Moiliili
Cuisine: Korean, Cafe, Lunch

Camellia Buffet is a Korean, Cafe, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid between $25 and $50.

• 4/09/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 12/17/2013

A dining patron from Huntington Beach, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/10/2013

A dining patron from Huntington Beach, CA tried it and didn't like it.

manoagirl photo

manoagirl

Honolulu, HI

Bring your appetite!

This is an all-you-can-eat Korean Yakiniku Buffet, meaning you cook the food at your table. This is a great way to enjoy a meal with friends and family. Keep in mind that you WILL smell like a hibachi afterwards, the smoke stays in your hair and clothes, but it’s worth it.

Lunch Buffet

The Kalbi ribs are the star. The sauce is shoyu based, but with a little sweetness. Absolutely delicious! There is also beef, chicken, and spicy pork. The vegetables are extensive- onion, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, green pepper, etc. Lots of kimchee, and side condiments and sauces, along with soup, rice, and even jello and fresh fruit. The service could be better, but the food compensates. Opt to wrap the meat in lettuce with sauce if you are counting carbs.

ToMaui photo

ToMaui

Sydney, NSW

Very rude, terrible people

I traveled Oahu alone and wanted to have dinner at Camellia on 19 May 2013, because one of my korean friends told me their food was nice for try.
I made a call to ask if I needed to make a reservation for myself. The male staff who answered my call said it was okay to come without booking because it was only for one person. I walked to the restaurant from my hotel on beach walk. At the restaurant, the female staff told very unkindly she couldn’t give me a table because they were busy and not able to make a table for only one person. I told her if the male staff did tell me the same, I wouldn’t have come. She did not care. However, the male staff felt sorry for me and asked me to wait. Thus, I waited for about 40minutes. in the meantime, they kept passing other groups into the restaurant. I was upset. They finally told me to come back by 8pm. (I arrived there at 6:15pm)
I have never had any issue in any restaurant in Hawaii to find a table for me until then.
It was terrible service and as a korean myself this is not acceptable.
I did not visit them again at 8pm because their service and manners already had told me enough lessons.
Terrible restaurant ever. Highly unrecommended.

rdave photo

rdave

Honolulu, HI

Worse place in Honolulu

Our Mother in law was visiting and she had seen a coupon for the place and really wanted to go. Their website said there was oysters and sushi, but after getting our food, we didn’t see any. We asked the owner (or manager) and she said they had to quit serving it “a long time ago, because so many people got sick and called the health department.” Should have been enough said, but it got so much worse. Not only did she tried to blame the customers for their sickness, accusing them of overeating, but her and the staff constantly stared at us and our food the entire time we were there. She would stand slightly behind us and look over the corner of her eye as though she was also listening in. My mom in law, from China, wanted to fry some of the noodles and was told we weren’t allowed to put them on our grill!!! Wow! THE WORSE PART, we went to pay and presented our coupon. She told us that our 4 year old and 6 year old children could not have the 10% discount on the coupon as they ate too much food!!! It does not state anywhere on the coupon children can’t have a discount. In fact, it was $13 or $14 for each child for the lunch and our children are typical kids, they hardly eat much, let alone $13-14 worth of this food. What a stupid made up rule when we went to pay, it was absurd listening to her continue to argue with us and refused to give us the discount (ONLY 10%) on the kids!!! BTW, the kids wanted ice cream but the ice cream machine sitting out had a sign on it saying it was only for dinner, not lunch. Getting the picture, big time cheap skates, watching how much you eat, chiseling you out of your discount, etc. The selection of meat is small, lots of color but NO FLAVOR!!! But the rude, cheap management took the cake.

Lunch Buffet

Only 4 kinds of meat, no flavor at all on the sauce, just run of the mill previously frozen, in my opinion, Very small buffet.

Cuu Long II

Contemporary American in Mxcully-Moiliili

Jimbo Japanese Noodle Restaurant

Japanese in Mxcully-Moiliili

12/13/2019

A diner from US tried Tai Sei Ramen in Downtown Honolulu.

12/12/2019

A dining patron from Honolulu, HI tried Paesano in Manoa, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/11/2019

A Fast Food food lover from Honolulu, HI tried New Diner's Drive In in Kalihi - Palama and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

12/10/2019

A diner from Honolulu, HI tried KFC - Kentucky Fried Chicken in Kalihi - Palama.

12/09/2019

A diner from Honolulu, HI tried Asahi Grill.

12/07/2019

A dining patron from Honolulu, HI tried St. Louis Drive In in Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis.

12/03/2019

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Pizza Hut in Makiki - Lower Punchbowl - Tantalu.

11/28/2019

An American chowhound from Calgary, AB tried Spinners in Waikiki and liked it. They liked the food.

11/28/2019

A chowhound from Honolulu, HI tried Zippy's Restaurant in Waialae - Kahala, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/27/2019

A diner from Aiea, HI tried Hanohano Room in Waikiki.

Korean Cafe Lunch

Camellia Buffet  Restaurant Reviews

Camellia Buffet is located near the cities of Honolulu County, Waikiki, and Fort Shafter.
People found this by searching for: Camellia Buffet Honolulu, Mccully Camellia Grill, Camelia Buffet Menu, Camellia Buffet, Camellia Buffet Mccully, Camellia Hawaii Restaurant, Camellia Buffet Menu, Camelia Restaurant + Honolulu Hawaii, and Do Kids Eat Free At Camellia Buffet Honolulu.