179 Paterson Ave
East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Candlewyck Diner

Cuisine: Sandwiches, Lunch, Burgers

Overall
Pros
"Nice waitress"
"Foosball is phenomenal"
"Food tasty but wait and service poor"
Cons
"I witnessed horrible treatment of a customer. Salad wasn't as expected. Rather than remedy the situation, management team, surrounded her & belittled her. Horrible. Will not return due to arrogance of management and poor customer service."
  • 9/26/2017

A dining patron from Ronkonkoma, NY tried it.

• 12/16/2016

A dining patron from Little Ferry, NJ tried it.

• 10/22/2016

A Sandwiches food lover from US tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/17/2016

A Sandwiches chowhound from Keyport, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/26/2016

A dining patron from Irvington, NJ tried it.

• 7/25/2016

A diner from Secaucus, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Nice waitress
  • 7/13/2016

A Steakhouse food lover from Cranbury, NJ tried it.

• 6/16/2016

A diner from Bronx, NY tried it.

• 6/11/2016

A Sandwiches food lover from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Foosball is phenomenal
  • 5/15/2016

A diner from New York, NY tried it.

Their food sent me to the hospital

I had the unfortunate experience of eating at this filthy diner on September 22 2012. I ordered a cheese steak sub with a side salad. The roll was hard, the meat was tough and the half-dead lettuce was drowned in dressing. The best part of the meal was the soda. I couldn’t t finish the terrible food not only because it wasn t good but my stomach started to hurt. I figured it was indigestion and went home. Later after returning home and resting, I had what would become the worst food poisoning of my life. Aside from the pain, I have never vomited so much in my life! Not to mention the uncontrolled, evil diarrhea that occurred at the same time. After a good 8 hours of this misery every 20 min my husband took me to the ER where I was treated. In the end my crappy $15 meal ended up costing me $800 and several days recovery. Will I ever go back to this dump? NO, nor would I ever tell anyone to eat here, unless they want to have diarrhea until they pass out. Clean up your kitchen and make your employees wash their disgusting hands!!

July 17, 2009

If you are in the area, go to this diner instead of the others

I haven't been here too recently but I always liked the dinner entrees. Service was adequate. I don't know why, but I always liked the green inside color of the place. Parking can be cumbersome when busy.
April 27, 2008

Great food - great service

You can always find a good meal here - especially at breakfast. The home fries are the best around, and the coffee is quite good too. the servers are always greeting you with a smile and do a great job!

8/26/2018

A Seafood chowhound from Cape May, NJ tried Taos Wok & Bar.

8/03/2018

A dining patron from Westfield, NJ tried Spiga Due.

6/09/2018

A dining patron from Lyndhurst, NJ tried Park Tavern & Restaurant.

4/03/2018

A Delis food lover from Rutherford, NJ tried Paterson Ave Deli, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Huge sandwich!
Cons
No ordering online
3/02/2018

A diner from Rutherford, NJ tried Rockafella's Cafe.

1/05/2018

An International food lover from Basking Ridge, NJ tried Pegasus Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/05/2017

A Pizza food lover from Wayne, NJ tried Sorrento Ristorante .

11/21/2017

A Continental chowhound from Sussex, NJ tried Rutherford House, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/11/2017

A diner from East Rutherford, NJ tried Fiesta Hut, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/02/2017

A Cafe chowhound from Rutherford, NJ tried Rockafella's Cafe.

Sandwiches Lunch Burgers

Candlewyck Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Candlewyck Diner is located near the cities of Carlstadt, Rutherford, Wood Ridge, E Rutherford, and Wallington.
People found this by searching for: Reviews On Candlewyck Diner, Candlewyck Diner East Rutherford Nj, Candlewick Dinner, Candlewyck Menu, Candlewyck Diner Nj Menu, Candlewyck Diner Menu, and Candlewyck Diner Menu East Rutherford Nj.