346 Hanover St
Boston, MA 02113

Cantina Italiana

Neighborhoods: North End
Cuisine: Italian, European, American

Cantina Italiana is a Italian, European, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Tmw photo

Tmw

Merrimack, NH

Cantina italiana is wonderful food and fun

We had a party of five and we all had great food and fun. I called ahead for reservations for a Friday night out with the girls. When we got there our table was being set up. We were promptly seated and immediately served ice cold water. Our server Andrew met us timely as we were looking over the drink options; I had the espresso martini (it was perfect), and my friends had the sangria and mojitos. All were great. Andrew was very knowledgeable of the menu and it’s ingredients. We all had great meals;I had the Bombolotti alla Buongustaia-it was awesome. The one primary thing that made me select Cantina Italiana for our night out was that the majority of their pasta is HOMEMADE! If you are going to eat carbs make sure you eat them fresh! Only suggestion I have for the restaurant- better bread. I am a self proclaimed “bread-whore” and the bread served did not due the restaurant justice. It wasn’t flavorful and it wasn’t warm (though I doubt warmth would have helped this tasteless disappointment). With the exception of the bread you get five stars because our experience was outstanding.

Bombolotti Alla Buongustaia

Homemade pasta, shrimp, lobster is a wonderful red sauce.

June 11, 2009

I love their gnocchi!

This restaurant is excellent. While it can take a little bit to get an order the food is well worth the wait and well... i love love their gnocchi!! the staff are very friendly and add to the dining experience!
February 12, 2006

Best Restaurant in The North End

Yummmmm...the thought of Cantina Italiana makes my mouth water! I tried this restaurant during one of my first Boston trips (I now live here year round). Anyway, I was looking for something average. I didn't want one of these cheap North…

Gennaro's 5 North Square

Nebo

Monica's Restaurant

Maggiano's Little Italy

Maurizio's

Circle Pizza

Pizza in Central

5/13/2019

A dining patron from West Palm Beach, FL tried Café Budapest (CLOSED) in Back Bay.

5/10/2019

A diner from Fort Worth, TX tried The Federalist (CLOSED) in Beacon Hill.

5/05/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Framingham, MA tried Baldini's in Fenway/Kenmore, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/03/2019

A Fast Food chowhound from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried Joe & Nemo (CLOSED) in Dorchester.

5/03/2019

A dining patron from Belmont, MA tried Dry Dock Cafe in South Boston, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
delicious seafood /great service /reasonable prices/large servings
5/02/2019

A dining patron from Boston, MA tried El Penol in East Boston.

4/21/2019

A food lover from Chico, CA tried Mal's New York Style Deli in Fenway/Kenmore, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/17/2019

An Italian food lover from New York, NY tried Sablone's (CLOSED) in East Boston, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

4/13/2019

A dining patron from Richland, WA tried Jimbo's Fish Shanty in South Boston.

4/13/2019

A diner from US tried Anchovies in South End.

Italian Hanover Homemade Pasta
Tips
  • The bar offers several libations rarely found in the North End, including Leffe, a boffo Belgian beer.
  • Accordionist Carmen Spada plays at the Cantina on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays from 6pm-9pm.
  • The good news: This is one of the few restaurants to offer valet service (during dinner only) in the parking space-challenged North End. The bad news? It'll set you back $20 (which still beats a long walk from the nearest T stop).
  • Celeb alert: This is one of the Bruins' favorite post-game hangouts.
Mon-Fri 04:00PM - 11:00PM
Sat 03:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 12:00PM - 10:30PM

Cantina Italiana  Restaurant Reviews

Cantina Italiana is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: Restaurants In North End Boston Graduation, Cantina Italiana Parking, Cantina Italiana North End, Parking Near 346 Hanover St., Boston, Ma, Cantina Italiana Boston Menu, New Reviews In September For Cantina Italiana Boston, and North End Restaurant Accordion.