Captain Steve's

Neighborhoods: East Forest
Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Tea

Captain Steve's is a Seafood, Lunch, and Tea restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

Overall
Pros
"Great customer service Hot food"
"The only problem I have is that I can't see menu online to order"
Cons
"Undercooked fish with scales. Salty Greek style shrimp, reheated French fries. Very horrible food in general. "
"All good"
Comments
"No"
barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

For "Auld Lang Syne"

memories – I knew this had to be where the Hideaway Fish Camp once was! Did a little checking (a.k.a. googling). That was a wonderful place from my “youth” (before I found out about my fish allergies!) We decided to give it a try in it’s newer life as Capt. Steve’s – sounds like a “good ole fish fryin” kind of place. Still out Monroe Rd. on left – parking adequate – still nice inside, comfortable, – got there at a not-so-busy time – seated fast – memories fade, can’t compare it to the original restaurant-no real need to do that, it can stand on it’s own. Service was quick – and the food was good – no complaints (just wish I were as young as I was in the ‘memories’)!

Fried Catfish

I decided to live dangerously – instead of looking for non fish/seafood item – have always loved catfish – this was crusty, crispy on the outside and tender/moist inside. It was worth a night of ‘cheating’ – slaw and French fries (hush puppies too) made it “right.” Perhaps after years of not eating it, my system can handle it again—at least in small amounts!

Seafood Platter

Husband enjoyed – flounder, perch and catfish – fries/slaw/hushpuppies. “All good”.

April 24, 2010

Come hungry or stay home.

This place serves the largest portions of fried shrimp I've ever seen. I could eat here every day but my doctor would have a cow.
September 25, 2009

Captain Steve's Seafood is GREAT!!

We just had the best dinner at a fish camp ever!! Our server Jackie was so wonderful, the food was hot and there was TONS of it. I actually brought 3/4 of my meal (The fishermans platter) home because there was way too much to finish in 1…

Seafood Dinner Lunch

Captain Steve's  Restaurant Reviews

• 5/29/2015 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 1/02/2015 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 3 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 11/01/2014 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 10/23/2014 A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great customer service Hot food
  • 7/01/2014 A diner from Miami, FL tried it.

• 6/06/2014 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/26/2014 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 5/23/2014 A diner from Miami, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 4/18/2014 A diner from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/02/2014 A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The only problem I have is that I can't see menu online to order
Captain Steve's is located near the cities of Mecklenburg County and Clayton Park.
People found this by searching for: Captain Steve's Harrisburg Nc Menu, Captain Steves In Charlotte Nc, Captain Steve's Harrisburg, Captain Steve's Charlotte Nc, Hideaway Fish Camp Charlotte Nc, Hours Captain Steve's Harrisburg Hours, Captain Steve's Harrisburg Nc, and Captain Steves Charlotte Nc.