4100 N Fairfax Dr
Arlington, VA 22203

Caribbean Breeze

Neighborhoods: Ballston - Virginia Square
Cuisine: Nuevo Latino, Vegetarian, Seafood

Caribbean Breeze is a Nuevo Latino, Vegetarian, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 1/22/2017

A Nuevo Latino food lover from Scottsdale, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

FlavorFinder photo

FlavorFinder

Bethesda, MD

A little Latin flavor in Ballston

Had heard about this restaurant, since they supposedly had one of the best Cuban sandwiches according to one of the local papers. It isn’t too far from my office, so I thought I would give it a try. This is a space that can accommodate groups and seems to have a very spacious bar area. Additionally, they have ample outdoor seating, which I took advantage of on my visit.

I ordered the Cuban sandwich of course and they had no problem switching out the fries which came with it to the fried yucca. I also opted for a side of mofongo (a Puerto Rican dish with plantains that I have had on my mind since a recent food network episode!). Had it not been a workday, I would have taken advantage of one of their cocktails – maybe next time!

The service I had during my meal was fine. They brought some tasty bread crisps with a salsa dipping sauce that were a nice way to start the meal. My lunch came after a bit and was presented nicely and was a generously sized sandwich. Was in the best? I wouldn’t say that – it was a bit mustardy for my taste, but the meat was good, as was the bread. The yucca fries had a fantastic mojo dipping sauce that while green had a subtle orange taste – a real highlight! Lastly, my mofongo, was good. Not quite what I had hoped for, but certainly a fair rendition.

While enjoying my meal, I did notice that the service seemed to be a bit spotty. A table of ladies near me seemed quite exasperated at how long their meal had been taking. In fact, my food arrived at the same time as theirs but they had clearly been there for quite a while before me. Just an observation.

The menu had some interesting items on it, like empanadas, roast pork and chicken and rice. I would certainly go back sometime, more likely than not after work when I wouldn’t feel as rushed, to give one of those items a try.

1saosin82 photo

1saosin82

Rockville, MD

Don't bother

On sat july 17 2010 my wife met some friends for dinner. Food was good and the evening was enjoyable. Little did we know the restaurant charged us twice for our food! So instead of $113 they charged $226. We keep a close eye on our finances and $113 was in the budget. The clincher was the N.S.F. fees imposed by my wife’s bank 4 fees at $37 each! …. You do the math. You can see the huge headache just from eating at Caribbean Breeze. So skip the frustration we’ve experenced. go somewhere else.

Nuevo Latino Vegetarian Seafood

Caribbean Breeze  Restaurant Reviews

Caribbean Breeze is located near the cities of Fort Myer, Arlington County, Clarendon, Rosslyn, and Ft Myer.
People found this by searching for: Caribean Bar In Ballston, Carribean Breeze Arlington Va, Caribbean Breeze Arlington, Mofongo In Northern Virginia, Caribbean Breeze Arlington Va, Puerto Rican Restaurants In Northern Virginia, Caribbean Breeze Restaurant Arlington, Caribbean Breeze Restaurant Locations, and Puerto Rican Restaurant In Va.