945 Sumter St

_erica_ photo

_erica_

Columbia, SC

Overwhelmed at lunch

I walked over to the Carolina Cafe from my building on campus (about 5 minutes) to grab a quick sandwich to go. I got there at 12:35, which I expected to be plenty of time to get back and eat before a meeting at 1:00. Unfortunately, after waiting for twenty minutes, I had to get a refund and leave in order to get to my meeting on time — without a sandwich, which hadn’t even been started on. (The cashier was very apologetic for the delay. I wasn’t the only customer who had been waiting for a long time — while waiting, at least three diners at tables came up to the counter asking for an ETA on their meals.)

I have had Carolina Cafe food at meetings they catered, so I know that their sandwiches are pretty good. I was very surprised and disappointed that a cheese/lettuce/tomato on wheat bread sandwich could take so long — I guess I was just in line behind a lot of phoned-in orders.

April 25, 2010

Good breakfast stop in the morning.

This was one of my favorite places to stop for breakfast on my way to work at the University of South Carolina. They have a plethora of bagel options - my favorite - and some unique drink options. They even have some coffees that are…
July 14, 2008

Always a good choice. Consistently yummy and convenient.

2/20/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Charlotte, NC tried The Pizza Palace Restaurant.

2/16/2019

A diner from Irmo, SC tried Captain D's Seafood and didn't like it.

1/26/2019

A Mexican food lover from GA tried Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/25/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Columbia, SC tried Little Caesars.

1/24/2019

A Pizza chowhound from US tried Labrascas 5 Minute Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/16/2019

A Sandwiches chowhound from Pawleys Island, SC tried Mathias Sandwich Shop, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/11/2019

A Sandwiches chowhound from Pleasant Hill, TN tried Sub Station II, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

1/08/2019

A Mediterranean chowhound from US tried Zoes Kitchen in Downtown.

1/06/2019

A dining patron from Irmo, SC tried Zorba's Greek Restaurant.

1/04/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Columbia, SC tried Pizza Hut.

Breakfast Delivery Lunch

Carolina Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Carolina Cafe is located near the cities of Market Center, West Columbia, Forest Acres, and Cayce.
People found this by searching for: Breakfast Restaurants Near University Of South Carolina, Breakfast Near University Of South Carolina, Breakfast Restaurants On S Carolina Campus, Breakfast Near University Of Sc, Breakfast At University Of South Carolina, Favorite Restaurants Of University Of South Carolina, Cafe At The University Of South Carolina, Carolina Cafe And Catering Company, and Carolina Cafe Reviews.