Carol's

Cuisine: American, Home Style, Diner

Carol's is a American, Home Style, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Banana creme pie, latte, Thai lettuce wraps...good. FABULOUS GIFT SHOP"
"Great turkey dinner great banana cream pie"
"Great food"
"Mushroom appitizer is awesome!!"
"Very pleasant and low key experience for 1 to 10 people. Both men and women enjoy their tasty meals and variety. We appreciate the moderate prices. (Also has a lovely little Gift shop!)"
Cons
"na"
"I wish they were open a little later in the evenings. We wish that they were open on Sundays, but I certainly understand why they choose to be closed on Sundays. "
Comments
"0"
"Advice - take time to look thru their whole menu! Each item is homemade and is worth consideration! Yummy desserts but their generous portions rarely leave room for dessert."
RondaK photo

RondaK

Coon Rapids, MN

Hit or Miss

I have written about Carol’s before and I am sad to say that my experiences there have not been improving. The last few times I have eaten there have been very disappointing. On one occasion I ordered the Au Gratin potatoes. They are only offered on Friday’s and Saturday’s, so I thought I was in for a treat. I don’t know what they did to them, but they were awful. The cheese wasn’t even melted.

Then the last time I went I ordered the Chili 5-Way. Now the chili itself is fine, but I did not realize, and it was not mentioned, that it was on pasta. Now if they had called it Cincinnati Chili 5-Way I would have expected pasta, but I did not. On top of surprising me with pasta in my chili, something I personally find repulsive, the pasta must have been very wet, because it was more like a bowl of chili-pasta soup. Icky.

I think it will be a long time before I return to Carol’s. I don’t think I will boycott them forever, but I need to put some time between me and these experiences.

Coop1950 photo

Coop1950

Shoreview, MN

OMG

A few weeks ago my significant other suggested Carol’s. I had never been there but she had. We were there for breakfast on a Saturday morning. The wait was about 20 minutes and I have to tell you. I’ve waited much longer for far less.
I am totally ruined for having breakfast anywhere else. The hashed browns are beyond description.
Nuff said?

STEAK SUPREME SCRAMBLER

December 31, 2015

I have been going to Carol's for the past eight years. The food is consistently good and the serving staff are polite and friendly. I love them all. The desserts are amazing! Everything in this restaurant is home made, from the hash…
September 4, 2013

Good Food, poor service. I have been here many times. The food has always been good, but the service, except for a few waitresses, is VERY SLOW. Desserts are usually pretty good, though they do fall below par once in awhile. I…

American Home Style Diner
Tips
  • Been too long since you had a slice of homemade pie? Carol's is the real deal--rustic, chunky, and wrapped in buttery crust.
  • The phone goes unanswered at this busy restaurant, so don't be alarmed--it's open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday-Saturday.
  • Arrive before 6pm or after 8pm to avoid the nightly waiting list.
Mon-Sat 06:00AM - 09:00PM

Carol's  Restaurant Reviews

• 7/14/2016 A diner from Anoka, MN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    kind friendly atmosphere lot of home cooked food i had the swedish meat ball dinner was excellent i didn have the desert because i was stuffed but they have alot to pick from
  • 6/01/2016 A diner from Pearl, MS tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Banana cream pie!!!!!!!!
  • 5/10/2016 A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried it and liked it.

• 4/11/2016 A diner from US tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/08/2016 A diner from Dearborn, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    All the food is made from scratch, just like at home. It is fabulous!!! My favorite is their eggs benny!
  • 2/27/2016 A diner from Saint Paul, MN tried it.

• 2/11/2016 A diner from Saint Paul, MN tried it.

• 1/16/2016 A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried it.

• 10/12/2015 A diner from Peabody, MA tried it.

• 9/11/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Carol's is located near the cities of Coon Rapids.
People found this by searching for: Carol's Restaurant Blaine Mn, Carols Blaine, Carols Restaurant Blaine Mn, Carol's Blaine Mn, Carol's Restaurant, Carols In Blaine, and Carol's Restaurant Blaine.