708 E Las Tunas Dr
San Gabriel, CA 91776-1552

Cathy's Bakery

Neighborhoods: San Gabriel
Cuisine: Bakeries, Asian Bakery, Donuts

Cathy's Bakery is a Bakeries, Asian Bakery, and Donuts restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25.

• 4/20/2021

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the service.

• 1/24/2021

A Bakeries chowhound from Oxnard, CA tried it.

• 9/10/2017

A Bakeries food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 8/23/2015

A dining patron from Brea, CA tried it.

• 1/18/2015

A Bakeries food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Best Crispy Cake Evah!!

Seriously, best damn cake I’ve ever had!! You know it’s good when BOTH my FOB family members AND my mainstream (that’s code for white) friends love the cake!

Cathy’s is located in a very mini mall setting in a strip of about 4-5 store fronts. Funny, I noticed that 2 doors down was another Chinese Bakery. You could hear crickets in that place, and yet, Cathy’s was popping! Just people in and out, constantly, for the 15 mins or so I was there to pick up my cake.

First time I had one of their cakes was for my bday which was just 2 months ago. It was a strawberry mango cake. The cake was sooo moist and fluffy, the frosting wasn’t too sweet. It was very light and airy. The entire cake was just yummy! Even though we were all playing Bingo at Legendary Bingo, that cake disappeared in seconds! That’s how good that cake was.

2 months later, its my nieces and nephews’ bday, so I totally wanted to get a cake from the same place. With the 411 I gleaned off my cousin, I called to order a mixed fruit cake the day before. They were out of strawberries so its a mango peach cake. It was a hit with the family!

Also gotta give it props for being open on Thanksgiving Day. Heck, that’s what I love about Chinese places cuz they’re always open on Holidays when all other businesses are closed.

A++++++++ and 5 out of 5 stars for the flavor/quality/presentation of the cake.

Now here’s why I had to ding them 1 star. If yelp allowed half stars, I would have rated them 4.5 stars.

My mandarin sucks. Not their fault I can’t speak Mandarin, so it’s pretty hard talking to them, BUT the gal that took my order over the phone really tried hard to speak in English, so I give her kudos for that. Somehow, I got my cake JUST the way I had ordered it. :) Kudos to them for recommending to me that they decorate it writing when I arrived to pick up the cake. Good idea since I can then write and spell it out for them. When I did arrive, again, thankfully, the gal that helped me did speak in broken English to me.

They need a credit card machine. Thankfully, they accept checks or else I would have been delayed by having to go find my bank. Hmmm, maybe they should have an ATM cash dispensing machine in the store in the meantime? Hmm, or maybe I’m just the ONLY Asian who never seems to carry cash on her?

The language and cash thing are minor to me. All’s well that ends well; I got my cake and got to eat it too.

Fruit Cake

I usually get quarter slabs of various mixed fruit cakes. See my review above.

Bakeries Asian Bakery Donuts

Cathy's Bakery  Restaurant Reviews

Cathy's Bakery is located near the cities of Alhambra, San Marino, Rosemead, Southwest San Gabriel Valley, and Monterey Park.
People found this by searching for: Cathys Bakery, Cathy Bakery San Gabriel, Cathy's Bakery San Gabriel Menu, Cathy's Bakery Arcadia, Cathy Bakery Menu, Cathy's Barkey Monterey Park, Cathy's Bakery, Cathy Bakery Arcadia, and Cathy's Bakery San Gabriel.