13364 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066

Celadon Thai Kitchen

Neighborhoods: Marina Del Ray
Cuisine: Salads, Catering, Lunch

Celadon Thai Kitchen is a Salads, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date.

• 4/27/2019

A Salads chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 5/26/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 10/29/2013

A Salads chowhound from Sherman Oaks, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/24/2013

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

LAFoodGod photo

LAFoodGod

A New Thai Kitchen in Venice

I wouldn’t expect much from where it’s located, a strip mall on Washington just east of Lincoln Blvd. It just doesn’t scream great restaruants. Shit, it shares a parking lot with a Papa Johns. I don’t know any good restaurant that do that. And typically, I won’t go into a restaurant the first week, first month or two that it’s open for that matter; it’s still ironing out the kinks, getting the food and service right and personally I don’t wanna be somebody else guinea pig unless I’m Richard Gere’s…

The inside is really small, 10 tables, 3 booths. The place has a very fresh, clean and open feeling about it. One of the walls is all white with cutouts for decorative statues. It’s pretty cool design, especially for a small place. The wall kinda looks like something that would be at the massive Cheesecake Factory’s RockSugar in Century City. From the moment I sat down I liked the feel. Then I saw the menu and the prices and I liked it more, there were very fair with most items between $7.95-$9.95, all sharing sizes. Now I just hoping the food was good.

We ordered a Thai Iced Tea, cause if you can’t make that right you mind as well turn off the lights, lock the doors and close up shop now. Chicken Satay, Tom Yum Koong Soup (Traditionally Tom Yum Goong. It’s the hot and sour lemongrass soup not a little boys name), Cashew Nuts and Roasted Chili with Beef and the essential of any Thai restaurant, Pad Thai. If your Pad Thai isn’t good I’ll never come back. To me Thai Iced Tea and Pad Thai to a Thai restaurant is like chips and salsa to a mexican restaurant, if they aren’t good, the rest of the food probably isn’t good either.

Just for reference, I love Thai food. My favorite Thai places are Chan Dara in West LA, Thai Dishes in Santa Monica on Wilshire and sometimes Natalie Thai does good work.

The Thai Iced Tea was delicious, sweet and creamy as good as anywhere else. The Chicken Satay for being just chicken on a skewer was really flavorful and seasoned well. I find at most places the chicken satay is bland and they just depend on their peanut sauce. At Celadon this isn’t the case and the peanut sauce was also really tasty, thick and had a lil spicy kick at the end that slightly hit you in the back of your throat, and I’m not used to things hitting me in the back of my throat, my Girlfriend however seemed more comfortable with it. The Cashew Nuts and Roasted Chili with Beef is a stir fry with veggies in a chili sauce. It wasn’t anything amazing but it was good and complemented the other dishes well. The Pad Thai looked right, nicely plated like everything we were served. I tasted it without lime or any hot sauce added to it and it was fantastic, as good if not better than Chan Dara, Thai Dishes or Natalie Thai. It packed so much flavor, the noodles stuck together, the bean sprouts were fresh, crunchy and the chicken were nice pieces of white meat. WE WERE BOTH DIGGIN’ THE CELADON

I think what impressed me most is that they just opened and it didn’t feel that way at all. I’d totally go back and I’ll probably choose it over those other places, except Chan Dara of course, which hires the hottest of Tatted up Asian girls to just stand around and look sexy and flirt. Maybe that’s month two objective for Celadon.

www.LAFoodGod.com

Pad Thai at Celadon Thai Kitchen

Pad Thai

Thai Food Salads Takeout

Celadon Thai Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

Celadon Thai Kitchen is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Celadon Menu, Celadon Thai Washington Blvd, Celadon Thai Venice, Celadon Thai Kitchen, Menu For Celadon Marina Del Rey, Celadon Thai Washington, Celadon Thai Menu Venice, and Celadon Thai Kitchen Menu.