219 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91105-2005

Central Park

Neighborhoods: South Pasadena
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Breakfast, American (New)

Pros
"Great dinner and they have corkage available"
  • 1/11/2015

• 4/28/2014

A Steakhouse food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great dinner and they have corkage available
DonnaMarie photo

DonnaMarie

Glendora, CA

Dine with the movie legends.

After visiting a friend in the hospital, we found ourselves driving up Fair Oaks and hungry. Mojito’s restaurant was on my mine, but Central Park loomed up ahead of us. “Wanna try it?” Sure! Especially since I had a faint memory of just reading Peter D’s review and how this was a favorite of his.

It’s a favorite of ours also now. The atmosphere is quaint and cozy, dimly lit, clean lines, and movie legends portraits adorn the wall. We ate with Marilyn, Elvis, Rhett Butler and Scarlet, and the Rat Pack. We were sooo hungry it was hard to decide what to get, but we finally made our choices while we snacked on focaccia. I liked that they offer it with olive oil and what appeared to be balsamic soaked bits of sun dried tomato? Delish.

My Wild Mushroom Penne with truffle oil was the bomb! Plenty of mushrooms and perfect sautéed in garlic. The entrée ordered was the Asian Baby Back Ribs. Sooooo tender and the garlic plum BBQ sauce was excellent. The Asian slaw with sesame oil complimented it perfectly. No the AuGratin potatoes with it I thought was just weird. Cheese and Asian food just don’t go together in my book, but my friend loved the potatoes and said cheese goes with ANYTHING. Whatever. The potatoes were good, but maybe a garlic fried rice would have been a better pairing. We sat in silence devouring, savoring, and smacking our lips. And everything reasonably priced.

Aahh, full and satisfied. Dessert?? Okay. The dessert menu was small and simple. I opted for the Brioche Bread Pudding and Caramelized Apples per the waitress’s suggestion. And it was unique. A refined bread pudding if you will. Delicate and light with a fine smooth texture and almond flavor.

Perfectly satisfied. It’s actually a nice date place. Cozy, excellent food, and won’t break your wallet.

Wild Mushroom Penne Pasta

Fresh exotic Mushrooms sautéed with Garlic, Fresh Herbs & White Truffle Oil. Served over Penne Pasta, garnish with Basil & Italian Parsley. Soooo good.

Asian Baby Back Ribs

Grilled Pork Ribs with a Honey Garlic Plum BBQ Sauce. Served with Au Gratin Potatoes & Asian Slaw.
Sooooo tender and the garlic plum BBQ sauce was excellent. The Asian slaw with sesame oil complimented it perfectly. Now the AuGratin potatoes with it I thought was just weird. Cheese and Asian food just don’t go together in my book, but my friend loved the potatoes and said cheese goes with ANYTHING. Whatever. The potatoes were good, but maybe a garlic fried rice would have been a better pairing.

Brioche Bread Pudding & Caramelized Apples

It came with creme fraiche and candied walnuts. And it was unique. A refined bread pudding if you will. Delicate and light with a fine smooth texture and almond flavor.

Steakhouse Breakfast American (New)
Sat 08:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun 08:00AM - 09:00PM
Mon-Thu 07:30AM - 09:00PM
Fri 07:30AM - 10:00PM

Central Park  Restaurant Reviews

Central Park is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Central Park Resturant Pasadena, Central Park Cafe Pasadena, Central Resturant/Pasadena Hours, Central Park Pasadena Restaurant, Pasadena Central Park Restaurant, Central Park South Pasadena, Central Park Restaurant Pasadena, and Central Park Pasadena Menu.