5810 Ne Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97213-3436

Chaba Thai

Neighborhoods: Rose City Park
Cuisine: Thai, Breakfast, Lunch

Chaba Thai is a Thai, Breakfast, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

Spazz photo

Spazz

Hillsboro, OR

Date Visited: Friday 8/14/09 (Lunch) As...

Date Visited: Friday 8/14/09 (Lunch)

As reported by my Mrs.:

As always, my co-workers and I got together for a monthly lunch adventure. The restaurant was recommended by Joshua who said it was the best Thai food restaurant, even better than e-San. SO, we headed there to beat the lunch rush at 11:30.

The restaurant wasn’t hidden, but it certainly didn’t stand out either. After my bad Zao Noodle Bar experience, I was a little hesitant to try another Pad Thai. However, I knew I was going to have Pad Thai for diner and since Joshua said Cha Ba Thai had the best around, I had to try it out and compare.

Quantity was good and I took leftovers home for lunch on another day. Comparing it with a vegan version that I had later for dinner, there wasn’t really a winner. They were completely different and yet both really good. Anyway, I would go back to Cha Ba Thai and try the other dishes I typically get at Thai restaurants.

Pad Thai

I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu and a mild spice (thanks to my stupid stomach issues). Other than the mushrooms (which I dislike), it was pretty good. The bean sprouts were cold, fresh, and perfectly crunchy. For those who don’t like them, you’re missing the best part about Pad Thai dishes ’cause these add the perfect contrasting crunch to the noodles. Anyway, it was a good dish with a decent amount of crushed peanuts and a good flavor.

rachf27 photo

rachf27

Bad Service

Bad Service, horrible food. Unfriendly staff. If you meet a nice waiter you’ll get lucky. Make sure to do your own calculations as they are very sneaky and will rip you off.

Golden Squid(9.00), Shrimp yellow curry($8.50), Shrimp Pad Thai($8.50)

The price should be $26.00, but they charge $2.00 for the water(a sip) that you take while you wait for your take-out :(

OregonianSteve photo

OregonianSteve

Portland, OR

Nothing better than a Chaba Thai curry with a tall (liter...

Nothing better than a Chaba Thai curry with a tall (literally tall) glass of Singha. Our preferred choice for carryout.

luv2eatpdx photo

luv2eatpdx

Return Trip Worth It

I couldn’t believe the negative review that someone gave Chaba Thai, and I then shared my experience at the restaurant. I went back again to check my own senses to see if anything had changed. Not a wink.
Amazing Thai food, and this time I ordered a chef’s special – it was a designed version of my favorite Thai Chicken with Basil, where they had an even better sauce with it and crispy basil leaves. Best I’ve ever had. In addition, we enjoyed the fried calamari (but it’s not as good as down the street at Thien Hong, where their pepper and salt squid is on every table). Thai Green Curry was outstanding, and a huge portion served me well for lunch the next day. An earlier review discussed bad service at Chaba Thai – don’t take them seriously. They were all over our table, ensuring my kids were enjoying their food and the outstanding desserts of mango, sticky rice. Go to Chaba Thai, but be prepared to wait as sometimes the line goes out the door.

Golden Squid(9.00), Shrimp yellow curry($8.50), Shrimp Pad Thai($8.50)

Thai Breakfast Parking
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 03:00PM
Fri 11:00AM - 03:00PM
Sat 12:00PM - 10:00PM
Sun 05:00PM - 09:00PM

Chaba Thai  Restaurant Reviews

Chaba Thai is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Cha Ba Thai Portland Menu, Chaba Thai Restaurant Is Better As To Compare With Lemon Restaurant, Chabaa Thai Portland Or Menu, Chaba Thai Menu, Chaba Thai Portland Menu, Chabaa Thai Portland Or, Chaba Thai Portland, Chabata Thia Portland, and Chaba Thai Sandy.