Chalkboard

Neighborhoods: Ravenswood
Cuisine: Romantic, American, Tea

Chalkboard is a Romantic, American, and Tea restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

mareehops photo

mareehops

Chicago, IL

Yummy

Although it is somewhat noisy, the food at Chalkboard is delicious ! I had a yummy Char fish which I had never heard of and it was cooked to perfection with a scrumptious sauce. The menu is on a big chalkboard. They have quite a variety of fish some of which I have never heard of. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes are to die for. I liked everything about this place although a little noisy and not much privacy because the seating is pretty close but I would definitely go back. A little pricey but worth it!

Mattjames photo

Mattjames

Evanston, IL

Good, need to go back

Just visited Chalkboard last week for the first time. We had a good meal, and I definitely want to go back. The food was good, but my dishes didn’t end up as great as my friends’.

At the table, we had starters of Macaroni and Cheese (fabulous), pate (also fabulous), and a special – pea & mint soup with a salad and chilled lobster (good, but not quite great).

For our entrees, we had the pork tenderloin (really great), the duck (also really great), the Bouillabaisse (delicious) and the halibut. I had the halibut, and the flavor was really good, but it seemed as if it had sat out a little too long waiting to get to the table.

My only major complaint with chalkboard is that it’s too crowded. There are too many tables in the restaurant (maybe just by one or two) and I found it impossible to be comfortable.

July 25, 2009

Birthday Bust - Too much hype for nothing special.

The Chalkboard attracted me with the thought of drinking wine in a relaxed, comfy environment while eating fresh food prized to be local and organic. I have to say I was terribly disappointed for several reasons: 1) The waiter was unable…

Alinea

Fine Dining in Near North Side

Geja's Cafe

Fondue in Lincoln Park

5/22/2017

A Catering food lover from Chicago, IL tried Dock's in Chatham.

5/22/2017

A Chicken food lover from Chicago, IL tried Wiley's Chicken & Ribs in East Garfield Park.

5/22/2017

A Deli Food chowhound from US tried I 57 Rib House in Marquette Park and liked it.

5/21/2017

An American food lover from Summit Argo, IL tried DALLAS RESTAURANT in Clearing, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/21/2017

A diner from Farmington, PA tried Arch Cafe.

5/21/2017

A diner from Bayside, NY tried Luigi's Pizza in West Garfield Park.

5/21/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Chicago, IL tried Dos Ricco's in North Center, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Excellent food, love the owner Ricardo , who makes everyone feel welcome. He is passionate about food and giving people a satisfying dining experience.
5/21/2017

An American chowhound from IL tried Wingstop in Roscoe Village.

5/21/2017

A diner from Chicago, IL tried The Parrot Cage in South Shore and liked it.

5/21/2017

An American chowhound from Minneapolis, MN tried Shucker's Restaurant in Near North Side, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Romantic American Tea
Tips
  • There is no valet, but Lincoln can have spots. Do not, however, try and sneak a spot in the Golden Angel's lot across the street--you will be ticketed.
  • This wine list is brief, mostly American, and priced well. A $26 bottle of Independent Producers Merlot works very well with much of the menu.
  • Weekends are busy, and service, which is good, might falter slightly. Weeknights are your best bet.
Sun-Mon,Wed-Sat 04:30PM - 10:00PM

Chalkboard  Restaurant Reviews

Chalkboard is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Chalkboard Restaurant Chicago Menu, Chalk Board Menu Chicago, Chalkboard Chicago, The Chalkboard Ravenswood, Yelp Chalkboard Chicago, The Chalkboard Restaurant Chicago, Chalkboard Chicago Menu, and "Chalkboard Contact" Chicago Nw Suburbs.