9252 Garden Grove Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92844

Cham Sut Gol

Cuisine: Korean, Lunch, Ice Cream

Cham Sut Gol is a Korean, Lunch, and Ice Cream restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"i didn't realize this was buffet and wouldn't be able to take any leftover food home. what a waste of meat!"
Cons
"I adore this place! I have never had a bad experience!! Food, friends, and ice cream! Whats not to love??"
  • 3/27/2017

A Korean food lover from Orange, CA tried it.

• 3/06/2017

A diner from AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
  • 8/27/2016

A Korean chowhound from Westminster, CA tried it and didn't like it. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/29/2015

A Korean chowhound from Anaheim, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/28/2015

A Korean food lover from Garden Grove, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/30/2015

A Korean food lover from Walnut Creek, CA tried it and liked it.

• 5/25/2015

A Korean food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/04/2014

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 3/15/2015

A Korean chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/06/2014

A Korean food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

jmix photo

jmix

Irvine, CA

Worthy of fasting for a day

Being my second time coming here, I knew to be prepared. This involved fasting for an entire day, doing stomach stretches and seal stretches, and swimming to widen that appetite. I don’t know why I do this — I just end up suffering massive fullness pains after the meal anyways.

FOOD: Whew… where to begin. Eating here is like food Christmas. The all you can eat involves pork bellies, beef, chicken, beef brisket, etc. The server brings it to you and cut up the meat for you. I found it hilarious when there’s still meat on the grill, but space must be cleared for new food so the server lady just took the tongs and distributed the pieces to all of us, sort of like my mom. The food itself is a good selection of Korean BBQ, with the mini dishes included. I thought the bean curd soup tasted sort of too salty, and had a weird jive to it. I would recommend getting the steamed egg instead.
I also attempted wrapping various meats with the rice patties and eating it in one mouthful. * So what if the soy sauce dribbled down my lips, onto my chin in a disgusting primal scene as my cheeks expanded to take it all in? So what if there were girls sitting across me seeing this? There was only one thing on my mind: To consume AS MUCH MEAT as possible *.

After consuming the food until my denim were about to burst, the all you can eat dessert option is a cooling touch to all the food. One can combine green tea, cookies and cream, and/or strawberry ice cream! This is part of my secret strategy for a “last stand”, as I always crave salty things after sweet things. So I stuffed one last piece of chicken before I slouched over in defeat.

Random note of advice: Remember to dress for the occasion when coming to Cham Sut Gol with friends. I sported a “Chinese Association” T-shirt and my old Gap jeans. Yes, the funk after-smell of Korean Barbeque WILL stick to your nice jackets and expensive pants/dresses.

*That is NOT what she said, thank you very much

All you can eat buffet

justin photo

justin

Korean BBQ for the masses

There’s plenty of reasons to come to Cham Sut Gol, but the meat quality probably isn’t one of them. I suppose that’s to be expected for all you can eat, but just wanted to get that out there.

For all you can eat the price is pretty reasonable (about $17 bucks) and that includes the standard korean side dishes like chap chae, potatoe salad, even some tofu soup and egg. It’s not a like a buffet where you go get the food; instead, they bring you the meat and if you want more you tell them which ones to bring. This might seem like a limiting factor, but it’s not and it’s actually nice not having to get up to get more food. Plus they help you cook it sometimes if you’re looking particularly incompetent.

The crowd is noticeably on the younger range, with lots of college-aged kids coming to eat and drink so you should know that before coming. As such, the wait on fri/sat nights is very very long — 1-1.5 hours long.

Everyone’s favorite part comes at the end with the self-serve all you can eat ice cream. It’s pretty good quality ice cream usually with a few different flavors to choose from (i.e. cookies n cream, green tea, strawberry etc.). The cones are just stale-ish cake cones, but that doesn’t matter.

All in all, it’s a great place for groups to eat, drink and be merry. Just don’t come here looking for a gourmet meal.

All you can eat buffet

Mediocre meat quality, but definitely filling.

Korean Delivery Dinner

Cham Sut Gol  Restaurant Reviews

Cham Sut Gol is located near the cities of Jacksonville, Stanton, and Midway City.
People found this by searching for: Cham Sut Gol Korean Bbq, Cham Sut Gol Korean Bbq Menu, Cham Soot Gol Anaheim, Cham Sut Gol, Cham Sut Gol Garden Grove Menu, Cham Sut Gol Menu, and Star Sut.