1559 Echo Park Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90026

Chango Coffee House

Neighborhoods: Echo Park
Cuisine: Coffeehouse, Vegan, Coffee

Chango Coffee House is a Coffeehouse, Vegan, and Coffee restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

j44lee photo

j44lee

Cerritos, CA

Rude Service, Somewhat Pretentious Ambiance

2-1/2 stars

CONS
---———
- WEIRD SERVICE. I don’t know if I can classify it as “bad” but the guy was kind of mean. When he gave me the credit card slip to sign, he was freakin’ EAGLE-EYEING THETIPLINE. This made me feel VERY uncomfortable and VIOLATED, so rather than rounding off my total charge to the nearest dollar, I flat out wrote “0” and signed my signature.

- WEAK HOT CHOCOLATE: We had tea and hot chocolate. The H.C. was LUKEWARM and the cup was about 60% full and the rest was FOAM! Moreover, it tasted instant – like the Nestle packets you find in your office kitchen. I was NOT HAPPY.

- CLOSES EARLY. We drove by Chango around 9 and it was already closed.

PROS
---———
- CUTE PLACE: you can’t deny that this place has a warm, old skool hippy vibe.

- RED BATHROOM: very cool concept – the entire lavatory has bright red walls – kind of creepy if you saw this in someone’s house though.

- BIG SQUARE TABLES: they provide ample room for small parties (1-3 people) who want to study, socialize, or play board games.

foodie9 photo

foodie9

Most improved

This place was taken over by new owners (from Susina Bakery and Fix Coffee) – they renovated and cleaned the place which has made a huge difference from my last experience there. The service was fast and the staff was nice. Small menu includes sandwiches, vegan options, eggs made to order for breakfast, and breakfast burritos, Brooklyn Bagels, and Susina pastries.

Nice selection of tea and good coffee.

Coffeehouse Vegan Coffee
Mon-Thu 05:30AM - 08:00PM
Fri 05:30AM - 09:00PM
Sat 08:00AM - 09:00PM
Sun 08:00AM - 07:00PM

Chango Coffee House  Restaurant Reviews

Chango Coffee House is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Chango Full House, Chango Coffee, Chango Coffee Menu, Chango In Echo Park, Chango Echo Park Menu, Chango Echo Park Lunch Menu, Echo Park Chango Cafe, and Chango Cafe.