222 East Erie Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Char'd

(Historic Third Ward)

Char'd is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 8/27/2018

A food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried it and liked it.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Milwaukee, WI

Service at its best!

Went to Char’d with a group of fellow diners. There were six of us and we opted to sit at the community table. Our server was Chris, and he was outstanding! He treated each and every one of us like he was our personal server. He came over to each of us, answered all of our questions, made recommendations, and treated us like royalty! I even asked for the manager at the end of the evening to pay kudos to Chris. Now, as for the food, it was delicious, well presented, and came out of the kitchen as it was ready. The restaurant has a nice ambiance with dark wood, booths, tables, the community table, and a side room for private events. I will definitely go back to try other dishes.

SUPER BOWL

SUPER BOWL – Mushroom, black and white rice, carrot, zucchini, edamame, red cabbage, pickled radish, bean sprouts, sunny-side up egg. I had this with the mild sauce. It was a beautiful presentation and a great mix of fresh ingredients.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Korean Barbecue At It's Best

Classy looking place with dark woods, and plenty of mood lighting, and big booths. A big plus for me is their “community table”. When traveling I always look for restaurants that offer that. Their presentation of the food was a feast for the eyes. They offer Grill & Ssam, char grilled meats served on a sizzling lava stone with leafy greens, rice, and sauce for a fun lettuce wrap. Their fried kimchi, was one of the best I have had. We thought the wine pours were short, and they fixed it without hesitation.

Pork belly

The dish was served on a hot lava stone, with rice, kimchi, lettuce and sauce. The pork belly was flavorful and very tender.

bruncher photo

bruncher

Milwaukee, WI

Lunch at Char'd

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch at Char’d in the Third Ward. This is a Korean-fusion restaurant. One thing that that the restaurant could improve upon is outdoor signage. Even though I knew where it was located, there wasn’t any clearly visible signage on the building with the restaurant’s name. Some people initially drove past the restaurant, missing it completely.

My lunch consisted of Kimchi Pork. This was a piping hot skillet with thin-sliced pork, rice, kimchi, onions, tofu, greens, & a sunny-side up egg. It was a delicious blend of flavors. And it was served with just the right portion of food.

My beverage was the Galaxy Lemonade. It was a mixture of fresh squeezed lemonade, topped with a purple tea that created a unique & refreshing two-toned concoction.

I dined with 3 others. Two ordered the bulgogi bowl & 1 ordered the cha shu ramen. All of us thought the food was delicious.

The staff was very courteous and attentive. I especially liked that the restaurant allowed separate checks for me & my friends.

I will definitely be back to Char’d.

kimchi pork

2/12/2019

An European chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried Old Town Serbian Gourmet House in Lincoln Village, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Burak was excellent
2/10/2019

A Mexican food lover from Racine, WI tried Jalisco Restaurant in Walker's Point.

2/09/2019

A diner from US tried Tenuta's Italian Restaurant in Bay View, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/07/2019

A dining patron from US tried KFC - Kentucky Fried Chicken, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Workers take FOREVER to get food out and you can hear them just trolling around in there. They need to fire the whole crew in there and just hire new and more efficient workers.
2/07/2019

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried Long John Silver's.

2/06/2019

A dining patron from US tried Oakland Gyros in Mitchell Field, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/06/2019

An American chowhound from Chicago, IL tried Pasty Shop in Sherman Park.

2/02/2019

A dining patron from South Milwaukee, WI tried General Custard's in Morgandale.

2/02/2019

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Henry's & Bobbie's Bungalow in Borchert Field.

1/31/2019

A diner from Houston, TX tried Lee Kongs Chinese Fast Food, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
very friendly. food is always fresh. they make everything. they do not use the bright orange canned sweet and sour sauce other restaurants use

Char'd  Restaurant Reviews

Char'd is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.