222 East Erie Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Char'd

(Historic Third Ward)

Char'd is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 8/27/2018

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried it and liked it.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Milwaukee, WI

Service at its best!

Went to Char’d with a group of fellow diners. There were six of us and we opted to sit at the community table. Our server was Chris, and he was outstanding! He treated each and every one of us like he was our personal server. He came over to each of us, answered all of our questions, made recommendations, and treated us like royalty! I even asked for the manager at the end of the evening to pay kudos to Chris. Now, as for the food, it was delicious, well presented, and came out of the kitchen as it was ready. The restaurant has a nice ambiance with dark wood, booths, tables, the community table, and a side room for private events. I will definitely go back to try other dishes.

SUPER BOWL

SUPER BOWL – Mushroom, black and white rice, carrot, zucchini, edamame, red cabbage, pickled radish, bean sprouts, sunny-side up egg. I had this with the mild sauce. It was a beautiful presentation and a great mix of fresh ingredients.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Korean Barbecue At It's Best

Classy looking place with dark woods, and plenty of mood lighting, and big booths. A big plus for me is their “community table”. When traveling I always look for restaurants that offer that. Their presentation of the food was a feast for the eyes. They offer Grill & Ssam, char grilled meats served on a sizzling lava stone with leafy greens, rice, and sauce for a fun lettuce wrap. Their fried kimchi, was one of the best I have had. We thought the wine pours were short, and they fixed it without hesitation.

Pork belly

The dish was served on a hot lava stone, with rice, kimchi, lettuce and sauce. The pork belly was flavorful and very tender.

bruncher photo

bruncher

Milwaukee, WI

Lunch at Char'd

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch at Char’d in the Third Ward. This is a Korean-fusion restaurant. One thing that that the restaurant could improve upon is outdoor signage. Even though I knew where it was located, there wasn’t any clearly visible signage on the building with the restaurant’s name. Some people initially drove past the restaurant, missing it completely.

My lunch consisted of Kimchi Pork. This was a piping hot skillet with thin-sliced pork, rice, kimchi, onions, tofu, greens, & a sunny-side up egg. It was a delicious blend of flavors. And it was served with just the right portion of food.

My beverage was the Galaxy Lemonade. It was a mixture of fresh squeezed lemonade, topped with a purple tea that created a unique & refreshing two-toned concoction.

I dined with 3 others. Two ordered the bulgogi bowl & 1 ordered the cha shu ramen. All of us thought the food was delicious.

The staff was very courteous and attentive. I especially liked that the restaurant allowed separate checks for me & my friends.

I will definitely be back to Char’d.

kimchi pork

9/16/2018

An American food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried Beer Belly's in Mitchell Field, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Burnt fries. Took a long time to get the food. It's like they bought the cow raised it and slaughtered it while we waited forever.
9/15/2018

A diner from US tried Moonshine Pub & Grill in Forest Home Hills.

9/13/2018

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Chicago Sub in Park West.

9/13/2018

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Golden Chicken Carry-Out & Service in Silver Spring.

9/11/2018

A diner from US tried Mae Velma's Corned Beef, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/09/2018

A diner from US tried Forum II Family Restaurant.

9/07/2018

An American food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried Sanford Restaurant in Lower East Side.

9/05/2018

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Royal Wok, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
I have only done takeout from here. Excellent food. Small dining-in area.
Cons
Mainly takeout, few tables, but that's all right. That's what I want!
9/05/2018

Pros
Excellent cornbeef
9/02/2018

A diner from Cypress, CA tried House of Corned Beef in Silver Spring, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Delivery is fast and food was just right

Char'd  Restaurant Reviews

Char'd is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.