222 East Erie Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Char'd

(Historic Third Ward)

Char'd is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 8/27/2018

A chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried it and liked it.

zarnowme photo

zarnowme

New Korean Restaurant

The atmosphere at the new Char’d Korean is open, bright and welcoming.
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon. Char’d had a special Sunday menu, however the full menu wasn’t available. We thought the special menu was in addition to the regular menu. They have Korean Tapas on the menu we planned to start with. We always have edamame and wanted to try the Perilla Avocado. Unfortunately, nothing on the regular menu was given as an option. Service was mediocre and the waitress didn’t check on us very often. It looked like they were short handed. Food was ok, but nothing special.

SUPER BOWL

Bibimbap is one of our favorite dishes, so we ordered this from the limited Sunday menu. The ingredients were fresh and the sauce was delicious. Unfortunately, we wanted more, but the waitress never came back. Food was alright, however not the best.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Service at its best!

Went to Char’d with a group of fellow diners. There were six of us and we opted to sit at the community table. Our server was Chris, and he was outstanding! He treated each and every one of us like he was our personal server. He came over to each of us, answered all of our questions, made recommendations, and treated us like royalty! I even asked for the manager at the end of the evening to pay kudos to Chris. Now, as for the food, it was delicious, well presented, and came out of the kitchen as it was ready. The restaurant has a nice ambiance with dark wood, booths, tables, the community table, and a side room for private events. I will definitely go back to try other dishes.

SUPER BOWL

SUPER BOWL – Mushroom, black and white rice, carrot, zucchini, edamame, red cabbage, pickled radish, bean sprouts, sunny-side up egg. I had this with the mild sauce. It was a beautiful presentation and a great mix of fresh ingredients.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Korean Barbecue At It's Best

Classy looking place with dark woods, and plenty of mood lighting, and big booths. A big plus for me is their “community table”. When traveling I always look for restaurants that offer that. Their presentation of the food was a feast for the eyes. They offer Grill & Ssam, char grilled meats served on a sizzling lava stone with leafy greens, rice, and sauce for a fun lettuce wrap. Their fried kimchi, was one of the best I have had. We thought the wine pours were short, and they fixed it without hesitation.

Pork belly

The dish was served on a hot lava stone, with rice, kimchi, lettuce and sauce. The pork belly was flavorful and very tender.

bruncher photo

bruncher

Lunch at Char'd

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch at Char’d in the Third Ward. This is a Korean-fusion restaurant. One thing that that the restaurant could improve upon is outdoor signage. Even though I knew where it was located, there wasn’t any clearly visible signage on the building with the restaurant’s name. Some people initially drove past the restaurant, missing it completely.

My lunch consisted of Kimchi Pork. This was a piping hot skillet with thin-sliced pork, rice, kimchi, onions, tofu, greens, & a sunny-side up egg. It was a delicious blend of flavors. And it was served with just the right portion of food.

My beverage was the Galaxy Lemonade. It was a mixture of fresh squeezed lemonade, topped with a purple tea that created a unique & refreshing two-toned concoction.

I dined with 3 others. Two ordered the bulgogi bowl & 1 ordered the cha shu ramen. All of us thought the food was delicious.

The staff was very courteous and attentive. I especially liked that the restaurant allowed separate checks for me & my friends.

I will definitely be back to Char’d.

kimchi pork

Char'd  Restaurant Reviews

Char'd is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.