974 Boulevard E
Weehawken, NJ 07086

Charrito's

Cuisine: Mexican, Latin, Breakfast

Charrito's is a Mexican, Latin, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $25 and $50.

• 7/21/2014

A Mexican chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

MJS photo

MJS

New York, NY

The most vile and disgusting experience ever!

I had the worst experience I have EVER had at a restaurant in my entire life. I have been to restaurants all over the country and have been to some places that were inexpensive but humble all the way to places that are five star restaurants, and your establishment is the worst. From the moment we arrived to the small lot with barely any parking, I should have taken this as a bad sign. Once inside, there were three hostesses who were all extremely rude and condescending. They were not accommodating of us because we were a party of five and claimed there was an hour wait when there were clearly many tables open and a couple of large tables that were finishing up their meals. They continued to be rude and arrogant. When we finally asked to speak to the manager, who miraculously found a table for us immediately, we were seated with the rudest, nastiest waiter, if he could even be called that. He never asked if we needed anything. After being seated for ten minutes without any water, I asked for water and was given an attitude. Then he only brings four cups instead of five, so when I mention we were missing one cup, he comes back with it and hands it to me in a condescending fashion with a smirk on his face. For someone who works for tips, he did not seem to want one. When I asked for my order, he did not mention the options of refried or black beans. He did not ask around the table if we wanted anything to drink. He was off in the corner playing on his phone. We finally had to start asking the bus boys for help. He never asked how was the food when it came out. The food was tough, over-cooked, and skimpy considering the notable price each plate has. The waiter ignored us the entire time. I do not pay good money for awful service, to be lied to my face about the wait time, and I will tell everyone I know about how poorly trained the hostesses and the old waiter with the glasses are. This is unacceptable.

Jlhorcab photo

Jlhorcab

Hoboken, NJ

DISAPOINTMENT!!!

5/5/2012 (cinco de mayo) I m a regular who goes here at least once a month and have always enjoyed the food and service. After bragging to many of my friends about Charritos, we decided to make reservations and celebrate cinco de mayo 2012 at this location. Unfortunately, I ve never been so disappointed and embarrassed. Upon arrival, the staff treated us as if they were doing US A FAVOR by having us there. Since the restaurant was rather empty, we asked to be seated by the window, but we re told no that they cannot accommodate a party of 8. FIVE minutes later, they accommodated ANOTHER PARTY OF 8 (by the window). The service was lacking. We ordered a couple bottles of wine, and had to repeatedly ask for them, until we finally got them…HALF HOUR LATER. It was a prefixed menu, (supposedly, a four course meal), they really should have called it Hors d oeuvres. It was $40 a person and we all left there starving AND they included 20% gratuity for the service. The waitress deserved AT MOST 10%. Although it was cinco de mayo, this Mexican restaurant had no festivities to celebrate at all. Needless to say, my friends never want to go there again. Shame on them!!!

Steak ( prefix)

EXTREMELY SMALL PORTION!!!!! It was a “4-course meal” (supposedly) and we all left starving,

Mexican Latin Good for groups

Charrito's  Restaurant Reviews

Charrito's is located near the cities of Weehawken Twp, Weehawken Township, Union City, West New York, and Hells Kitchen.
People found this by searching for: Charritos Edgewater, View From Charritos Weehawken Nj, Charitos Weehawken, Charritos Weehawken Reviews, Charitos Edgewater, Restaurant Com Charrito's Weehawken, Charritos Weehawken, and Charritos Weehawken Menu.