1595 N Broadway Ave
Bartow, FL 33830

Checkers

Cuisine: Burgers, Lunch, Cafe

Checkers is a Burgers, Lunch, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

• 1/22/2017

A diner from Bartow, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 4/15/2015

A Burgers chowhound from Miami, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Kind of Old Time Feeling

The days of drive up, sit in car, or sit at the tables outside, brings back a certain feeling (actually, sitting outside here in Floriduh can kill the spirit a little in the heat of the Florida sun and the flying critters) -but, you get my drift. Checkers has a certain old time charm. The food has a little different kick to it from other chains – a little too peppery or something for me, but my husband loves the Checker Burgers n fries. It’s a quick way to satisfy the hunger pains – not the easiest access at this one, middle of busy many lanes highway, construction, near big intersection – but it’s not bad. We go every once in awhile, as I said my “little boy-man” loves them.

Checker Burger & Fries & drink

This was my husbands order – he loves the flavor of the burger – it’s a bit different from the McD’s/BK’s/Hardee’s etc -

Burger

I can eat them – but I’m a hamburger nut that has a certain taste needed to fill that “need” and the checker burgers just don’t seem “burger-y” enough – and I don’t get the fries, I like to be able to taste the “potato”.

Burgers Good For Kids Dinner

Checkers  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Checkers Bartow Fl, Checkers Of Bartow, Checkers Bartow, Bartow Checkers, Bartow Checkers Fl, Menu For Checkers Restaurant In Bartow Florida, and First Checker In Bartow Florida.