900 South St

Checkmate Cafe

Neighborhoods: Roslindale
Cuisine: Pizza, Cafe, Coffee

Overall
Pros
"Fast service and friendly atmosphere."
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...everything "
"Everything"
  • 4/14/2019

A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 2/25/2017

A Pizza chowhound from Hyde Park, MA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fast service and friendly atmosphere.
  • 4/15/2016

A dining patron from Boston, MA tried it.

• 3/18/2016

A diner from Boston, MA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 1/22/2016

A Pizza food lover from Hyde Park, MA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 1/06/2015

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 11/11/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/10/2014

A Pizza chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it and didn't like it.

• 11/06/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 10/11/2014

A Pizza food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

sylviap photo

sylviap

Boston, MA

Never Again!

I just got an order from them and their customer service is non-existent. This is the second time I have ordered and both times the delivery guy has did not have a slip and just quoted a price that was different from what was expected.

The first time I ordered the driver said he lost the slip and quoted me a price that I called to verify and it was two dollars more. I asked him for the menu they were supposed to include and he said, “It’s the same one you have.” I told him I was pretty sure this was an older menu and his attitude was like “whatever,” and “maybe next time.”

Again, the driver didn’t bring a slip. He asked why we needed it and then went back to his car. There were no individual prices on the slip; just a total scrawled at the bottom. This time the order was like $8 more than the lady who ordered said she was quoted and $5 more than my menu tally. I called to ask about it and the owner (?) was very, VERY rude. he said they never put prices on their slips and when I asked why, he said, “because I just don’t. That’s why you have a menu.”

Seriously? How about your driver never gives us a menu even though we ask for it? How about if that is the right menu, your prices STILL don’t add up – even after tax? How about Roslindale is inundated with sub shops to the point that we don’t have to put up with rude, shady businesses?

Too bad because the food was decent and we were thinking Checkmate would be the new go-to spot but now no one here want’s to do business with them. Not that they care since he told me he was busy when I complained about his/their attitudes.

Sub, chicken, french fries

The food is good (my portion of it) but the fries were cold. I didn’t have the wing dings but I hope that was a small because there weren’t a lot in it.

FatmirS photo

FatmirS

Roslindale, MA

great pizza

great pizza

Pizza Cafe Takeout

Checkmate Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Checkmate Cafe is located near the cities of Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury, Boston College, Tampa, and Mattapan.
People found this by searching for: Checkmate Cafe Roslindale, Checkmate Cafe, Checkmate Cafe Roslindale Menu, Checkmate Cafe Roslindale Ma, Checkmate India Mail, Checkmate Roslindale Menu, and Checkmate Cafe Menu.