Cheeky's

Cuisine: Breakfast, Catering, Vegan

Overall
Pros
"Friendly, clean and modern environment. Loved the unique menu, freshness and guality of the food."
"Super long wait outside and then inside to order and then for food to arrive. Customers who arrived after uus got breakfast 15 mins before us. Then food was cold and fairly mediocre. Waste for 2 hrs!"
"Eggs benedict. Diet coke in a can!"
Cons
"I've only been once and I do not have anything negative to say. "
Comments
"Coffee while waiting"
graymale photo

graymale

Palm Springs, CA

Cheeky's - Great Food in a Tiny Space

After being empty for more than a year after the former Peppertree bookstore closed, a new breakfast – lunch place, Cheeky’s, has opened in the space.

I’d been watching it being built out and had noticed that it had opened several weeks ago, but hadn’t gotten the opportunity to check it out. Yesterday we went for lunch, as it happened on the day after the Desert Sun ran a review of the place, and I don’t know if everyone had read the review or just happened to pick it for lunch on the Friday before Labor Day, but it was packed.

It is not a big place. (There is one large table for six or eight, and about six or eight other tables for two that they move together for four.) They do have plans to open more tables outside, but as of yet hadn’t done so.

Open for about 12 weeks, the menu is changed each week. After waiting about 15 minutes while we chatted with some of the staff behind the counter, we were seated at a table in the front window on Palm Canyon. Since we didn’t have breakfast, I can’t say what that would be like, but the luncheon items we had, as well as the others we observed, were delicious. Steve started out with a glass of “Watermelon Aqua Fresca” and I had a Thomas Kemper Root Beer on tap. Steve began his lunch with a bowl of cold corn chowder that looked and smelled really fresh. He then had a Spanish Tuna sandwich with eggs and capers, and I had the BLT with basil french fries. Both sandwiches were served on luscious sour dour bread that had been toasted.

Even though we didn’t have any dessert, many of the baked goods looked good; among them “birthday cake,” cinnamon rolls, cookies, and a fresh ice cream sandwich. Currently they close at 2 pm, but one of the co-owners told us they will be open until 4 pm in the season. That is good because I definitely would love to go back for an afternoon snack.

BLT on Grilled Sour Dough

August 31, 2014

They have what I think is the best breakfast in Palm Springs. Nice outdoor dining (if it's not too hot) and a delicious breakfast that is home made and original in nature. Well worth the visit!
July 15, 2012

"Hot Spot in Palm Springs"

Great for brunch and lunch .... Fritatta, Eggs, Waffles, French Toast, delicious sandwiches and more! But get there early because there's usually a line to get in!
March 7, 2011

Yummy for your tummy!

The guys at home 101 apothecary down the street recommended this place "Cheekys" for lunch. Ohhhh! did they hit it out of the ballpark!...Delicious!, and the service was so friendly! Try the bacon bar!...OMG!

Breakfast Dinner Wifi

Cheeky's  Restaurant Reviews

• 3/20/2016 A diner from Tijuana, 02 tried it.

• 10/28/2015 A diner from Portland, OR tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    I've only been once and I do not have anything negative to say.
  • 4/19/2015 A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 2/28/2015 A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

• 11/10/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 2/21/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 2/16/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Eggs benedict. Diet coke in a can!
    Comments
    Coffee while waiting
  • 10/20/2013 A diner from Whittier, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

People found this by searching for: Cheekys Restaurant In Palm Springs Ca, Cheekys Palm Springs Menu, Cheeky's Lunch Menu Palm Springs, Cheeky's Palm Springs Menu, Cheeky's Menu, Cheeky's Palm Springs Restaurant, Cheekys Palm Springs, and Cheeky's Palm Springs.