38-05 Bell Blvd

msamor18 photo

msamor18

Bayside, NY

WORST OF THE WORST

On Christmas Eve, my mother and I decided that we would have a cozy dinner out and since I just moved to the Bayside area, we decided to try out a local restaurant, as Bayside offers a variety of fantastic dining, I had passed Chester’s on several ocassions and it looked very quaint inside and so we decided to try it out. We were greeted normally by the hostess and even given the choice of tables. The place wasn’t packed but there was a good sized crowd there, so we thought it must be good. After ordering a “Shirley Temple” and a glass of wine we looked over the menu… unimpressive to say the least so we settled on a Filet Mignon and a Crab cake /shrimp combo. I noticed that the waitor who took our order had a large exposed gash on his forehead, scabbed over but fresh, it wasn’t pretty at all. We were brought bread and then waited….and waited…..and waited….and waited. 45 minutes later, we still weren’t served and our waitor it seemed was avoiding any contact with our table. I wasn’t sure if it was because we were minorities that we waited so long, or if this was just their normal service, but I knew we probably should have left then. But we decided to be optomistic and so we flagged down one of the other waitors to inquire where our food was. He said he would check and in a moment, finally, our food arrived. Of course after waiting so long the food should be AMAZING right? WRONG!! The mashed potatoes were completely cold and bland, the vegetables were steamed out of taste, the crab cakes were salty, the shrimp was burnt and my mother’s Filet Mignon practically bled all over her plate (she ordered it MEDIUM WELL). The waiter came over and we inquired why the food had taken so long? We were told that a Medium well Filet Mignon takes longer. LONGER? That piece of meat on my mother’s plate was practically still BREATHING it was so RAW!!!! The hostess even came over to check on us and we told her that the food was cold. She offered to have it heated, but in my experience with restaurants….NEVER SEND FOOD BACK TO THE KITCHEN, because it may come back with something you didn’t intend to order, if ya know what I mean! So we attempted to eat our bland/cold/burnt/salty/bleeding food. I got through about 25% of it when I couldn’t bear it anymore. We asked for the check and when the waiter came back with the check, the gash on his forehead went from scabbed over to a bloody mess dripping down his face. I wanted to vomit on the spot! I told him that I was extremely disappointed in the meal and that I was angry that I would even have to pay for it. He apologized and then scuttled away to swipe my card. No real apology, no kind of offer for a complimentary drink…dessert…toothpick…nothing…and here we were…stuck with a pricey bill and empty stomachs. I dine out FREQUENTLY and I must say that this was one of the TOP 5 WORST experiences I’ve ever had eating out. I will never eat at this restaurant again and I advise EVERYONE to steer clear of this place.

Crab cake , shrimp combo

American Burgers Pub Food
Jackson Hole

American in Clearview

Terrace Diner

Brunch in Clearview

Chester's Restaurant & Bar  Restaurant Reviews

Chester's Restaurant & Bar is located near the cities of Oakland Gardens, Douglaston, Bayside Hills, Little Neck, and Malba.
People found this by searching for: Chesters Restaurant, Bayside, Ny, Chester Restaurant In Bayside, Chesters Bayside, Chesters Restaurant Bell Boulevard, Bayside Pub, Chestor Ns, Chester's Bayside, and Chesters Steakhouse, Bayside.