68 Princess St
Kingston, ON K7L

Chez Piggy

Neighborhoods: Downtown Kingston
Cuisine: Continental, French

Chez Piggy is a Continental and French restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"I enjoyed the creme brûlée."
Cons
"Very slow service , Food was undercooked, serving staff were pretentious and had a bad attitude. Rude management . "
Comments
"Not worth it . There are several restaurants in that neighbourhood that surpass Chez Piggy in many ways. The chefs were all Asian which was weird for me because the menu was not Asian . "
  • 7/01/2013

A Continental food lover from Belleville, ON tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    I enjoyed the creme brûlée.
    Cons
    Comments
LFUNK photo

LFUNK

Kingston, ON

More Than Disappointed

My husband and I heard several reccomendations from numerous people to go to Chez Piggy. We can’t really afford to eat there but decided to try it on a special occasion. The atmosphere was great and out server at first seemed very helpful but after we ordered, we hardly saw her. After what felt like at least 40minutes, Our food was delivered, we both ordered the three course meal of venicen. Unfortunatley the food was cold. My husband, not being one to complain just ate his but I waited several minutes before having to flag down a server that wasn’t even our own so I could send the food back to be warmed. After another while, enough time for my husband to finish his meal, mine finally came back. The potatoes were hot but the meat was now stone cold. Our original server finally came back to us and took my meat to once again be warmed. When it returned, it was literally dumped back onto my plate and it was by then overcooked and tasted awful so I didn’t even eat it. During our meal, we weren’t even asked if we would like more wine when our wine glasses were empty half way through our meals and we sat for awhile with empty plates in front of us waiting for them to be cleared. As for my dinner, I was offered no compensation for a cold meal. Overall, I was not only disapointed with the service and the lack of compensation for a below average meal, but it really put a damper on an evening that was supposed to be a special treat for us. When I emailed the restaurant the above information this is what I received in return:
“I was working the Saturday evening that you were there and overseeing all dishes leaving the kitchen. The venison was a huge hit that evening and customers raved. When our patrons are served food that is not to their liking, it is always our goal to fix it or replace it with something they will thoroughly enjoy.
I have consulted with the staff who worked with me that evening and your presence was definitely noted from the moment you first arrived.
We would suggest that the situation that unfolded was not to either of our satisfactions. We will be leaving the matter there.
Sincerely
Zoe Yanovsky
Owner”
Not only was the email I received rude but it was insulting. I am not one to complain and I highly doubt my “presence was noted”. As well, her last sentence implies that my being at her restaurant was not satisfying for her??? Bottom line is, IF YOU WANT GOOD SERVICE AND GOOD FOOD, DO NOT GO HERE!

Venison

As stated in review

cebu4u photo

cebu4u

Madoc, ON

It was a lovely dinner, longish wait for "Al Fresco", the...

It was a lovely dinner, longish wait for “Al Fresco”, the waitress was clueless, but the food was superb.

Al had a margarita, Hannah had a daiquiri and I had 2 (delicious) mojitos with lots of fresh mint.
Al and Hannah thought the mojitos tasted like grass.

Al had the caesar salad, which he pronounced delicious.
I had the roasted tomato bisque with crab (excellent). Hannah had the Warm Spinach Salad with Asiago cheese and pancetta.

Then for steak for Al and Hannah, and I had the spinach linguine with clams, mussels, shrimp and scallops.
The scallops were not all cooked to my liking, and the mussels were debatable, but the shrimp were delicious.
I wished there were more shrimp than mussels. The linguine was not quite al dente – it needed maybe 1 more minute, but tasty otherwise.

For dessert we shared a vanilla bean creme brulee that tasted exactly like roasted marshmallows.

a lovely evening…

Continental French

Chez Piggy  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Miss Piggy Restaurant Kingston On, Chez Piggy Restaurant Kingston, Chez Piggy, Kingston Miss Piggy, Ms Piggys Kingston, Miss Piggy's Kingston, Miss Piggy Kingston, Shay Pickies French Restaurant Kingston, and Chez Piggy Kingston.