Chi Tung

Neighborhoods: Evergreen Park
Cuisine: Breakfast, Lunch, Catering

Chi Tung is a Breakfast, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Been going Here for years Always friendly staff. I can say 5-8 years of me going here I've never left unhappy. Food is great as well "
"The food is so good !"
"The rice said I ❤ u"
"This used to be our favorite.Was there yesterday for my birthday..the hibachi wait was long.they gave us less food..but mainly after dinner they rushed and moved everybody..after spending all that money"
"Amazing blend of flavors with each unique dish! "
"Excellent food"
"Great service"
"Fast friendly service with great food"
"bad service wait was too long"
Cons
"Crowded the wait time"
"Make your reservations fit your time and space"
"Larger platters"
Comments
"Faster service"
"No"
"Everything is great"
annie photo

annie

Chicago, IL

3 years later, I still crave it.

My ex-boyfriend and I had a relationship that pretty much centered around Chi-tung. I mean, he was a great guy, but our hours and hours spent eating at Chi-tung was probably one of the reasons that we stayed together for so long. He would order a few different things; I’d order the Thai Spicy Crazy Noodle. I’d eat half of it there and bring it home, only to devour it within an hour or two. The oil would seep through the carry-out box. There’s nothing bad I can say about you, Chi-tung. This is my love letter to you. I still miss you, baby! <3

Thai Spicy Crazy Noodle

Thick, greasy noodles pan-fried with tomatoes, peapods, onion and my choice of tofu. A huge portion. oh my!

katodaniel photo

katodaniel

Oak Lawn, IL

Top Notch Asian Food

Chi Tung is the place you want to take friends and family that are crazy about top quality Asian Food. The offer Japanese, Chinease and Thai food.

I had lived on the North side for a while and really liked the fact that I could get my hand on Pad Thai at will. When I moved back to the south side, I assumed that I would still have to drive north to get my fix. Chi Tung proved that I could stay local and get the asian food I wanted.

Pad Thai

Pad Thai noodles with pea nuts and sprouts. The dish is nice and spicy.

MCasimiro photo

MCasimiro

Chicago, IL

D' BEST...SIMPLY THE BEST!!!...

Did I say the BEST? Excellent food, service, pricing and generous servings…What else can you ask for?…Just simply the BEST!

General Tsao Chicken; Red Curry Chicken and so much more to name!

Chi Tung’s cuisines from Chinese to Japanese to Thai are simply D E L I C I O U S!!

KTEBabygirl21 photo

KTEBabygirl21

Excellent and Very Upscale for the price

Chi Tung iin my opinion is one of the best chinese/japenese/thai/cantonese/hibaichi grill restaurants in Chicagoland. With its gorgeous decor and very welcoming atmosphere. The service is beyond its more like something you would expect at an overly expensive restaurant where one plate would be $50 but suprisingly an entire meal for a family of 4 may be $50 depending on what you order.Everything is good, but one of my favorites is the beef fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. The beef and broccoli is superb. Also they have always perfect egg rolls,they’re never soggy or taste like they’ve been under a heat lamp. The dining is casual and you can expect it to be semi-crowded any night of the week. The server brings hot towels on a plate, complimentary oolong tea(its a very tasty almost green like tea) sweet and sour fresh cabbage and vegetables.At the end of the meal you get almond cookies and fortune cookies. All of which are excellent. The proportions are generous. If you’re looking for somewhere that is upscale but moderately priced in the suburbs just go to Chi Tung. It’s off of 95th and Kedzie in Evergreen Park.Next door to CVS/Pharmacy.Parking is sometimes scarce especially on a busy night, but I would reccommend you give it a try if you’re looking for a new dining experience. I remember being 5 years old and going to Chi Tung when it used to be on 95th st in a small restaurant. And it has always been a special treat in my family. And during Christmastime they give frequent diners a $20 gift certificate.

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Sweet and Sour Chicken is a diverse meal that almost anyone (even kids) will like because you can ask that the sweet and sour sauce be placed on the side. The chicken is tasty just by itself but when you dip in the sweet and sour sauce it is an excellent flavor burst in your mouth because if you’re not too into sweet it does have a sour undertone but definitely worth trying.

April 14, 2012

Don't Support Disrepectful Restaurants

Save yourself money and time. This place has horrible service! We were there for a birthday dinner and were sat at the Hibachi grill. Once the food was ate, they came out and told us they had a special place to seat us for the birthday…
October 15, 2010

Chi Tung is Grotesquely Overrated

Chi Tung is one of those places locals rave about but which doesn't actually earn its reputation for the experienced diner. This is the most grotesquely overrated restaurant I've ever been to (and I've given it more than one chance to…
January 13, 2010

Delish

Best Sliced Chicken with Hot Peppers, Crab Rangoon, Orange Chicken you name it they have it and it will probabley top any other chinese food you have had in the past! Love the 6 dollar buffett for lunch! The interior is very nice, wait…

Chinesese Online Ordering Breakfast
Sun-Sat 11:30AM - 10:00PM

Chi Tung  Restaurant Reviews

• 5/19/2016 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 4/14/2016 A diner from Frankfort, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 3/29/2016 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 1/13/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 10/31/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/23/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 5/31/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 5/27/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/24/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 5/23/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

Chi Tung is located near the cities of Evergreen Pk, Cook County, Hometown, Mount Greenwood, and Merrionette Park.
People found this by searching for: Chi Tung, Chi Tung Evergreen, Chi Tung Evergreen Park, Chi Tung Menu Evergreen Park, Chi Tung Restaurant, Chi Tung Menu, and Chi Tung Evergreen Park Il.