203 E 10th St
New York, NY 10003

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar

Neighborhoods: East Village
Cuisine: Breakfast, Lunch, Catering

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar is a Breakfast, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

My biggest problem with ChikaLicious is that it's WAY too...

My biggest problem with ChikaLicious is that it’s WAY too expensive for 3 tiny servings of dessert. Also, it has a nice ambiance, but it’s too small even for its 4-guest maximum.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

ChikaLicious, I am in looooooove!

We had a really disappointing dinner and after that letdown we wanted to redeem our evening. We ran a quick search for dessert places in our area and ChikaLicious came up. We headed over and managed to grab two seats at the bar. It’s a tiny place and believe me, the best seats are at the bar! You can see everything as it is prepared and it’s a wonderful experience.

We decided to try the Prix Fixe with the wine pairing; it included an amuse bouche, choice of dessert and petit fours. After agonizing over the dessert options, we went with the Earl Grey cake. The amuse for the evening was a black pepper gelee and while I don’t even prefer the taste of black pepper, it was fantastic! A shocking combination of spicy and sweet that tantalized the taste buds and prepared them for the dessert to come.

Watching the preparation of the Earl Grey cake was simply spectacular. First, the cake was thinly sliced and the long thin slice was laid out on a long, vintage-style plate. Next, blood-orange segments were carefully placed strategically along the cake in three spots. The gelato was then carefully scooped and the spoon warmed briefly for ease in releasing the product onto the top of the cake. I couldn’t believe the amount of care that was shown in the plating of this dessert….our guy went through three scoops of gelato before he was pleased with the final presentation. Knowing how we can eat when we’re salivating as we were then, I felt really bad for the guy because I knew we would be destroying his work of art the moment it was set down in front of us.

After seeing the presentation of the earl Grey cake, I was wondering if the taste would equal the presentation. I needn’t have worried…it was lusciously delicate in flavor and the gelato and blood oranges complemented the tea flavor perfectly. The wine pairing just added another sublime layer to the whole.

The staff at ChikaLicious was helpful but not overbearing, and down-to-earth friendly. I am almost glad I don’t live in the neighborhood because I’d be there every night!

parkhyein photo

parkhyein

New York, NY

It's gimmicky, expensive, tiny, and tasty.

It’s gimmicky, expensive, tiny, and tasty.

Sneaks2210 photo

Sneaks2210

New York, NY

Please Chika, I want some more!

Tiny space…Huge tastes! Chikalicious is dessert heaven, serving delicate, artfully presented morsels. The room is lilliputian, having only 2 tables and 10 seats at the bar, so be prepared to wait. When the bar fills up, the door will be locked. Don’t leave because you’re in for a treat.

The menu is prix fixe at $14 for a 3 course tasting, which includes Amuse, Choice of Dessert and Petit Fours. Wine pairing is only $7 extra. What I don’t understand is that many negative reviewers find this “expensive” for 3 sinful courses plus wine. Go to any fine dining establishment and order dessert and wine of this quality, you’ll spend $10 – $15 for the dessert and $10+ for the wine.

The space and owner are so adorable, a perfect end to a night out with a loved one. Try to snag a seat at the bar to watch Chika and her assistant whip up heaven’s offerings.

Amuse, Choice of Dessert, and Petit Fours

Amuse – oh, do I wish I could remember what this was. After tasting the amuse I knew I was in for a treat.

Fromage Blanc Island “Cheese Cake” w/Alvear Pedro Ximenez 2004 pairing. – This was ordered by a friend of mine celebrating his birthday. One of only 2 constants on a rotating menu, was the best cheesecake I’ve ever tasted. I don’t like overly sweet desserts and this had perfect balance, and oh so creamy and decadent.

Brown Sugar Panna Cotta w/ Concord Grape Soup – My choice was beyond imagination. The delicate flavor of the concord grape soup was a perfect accompaniment for the silky smooth panna cotta topped by a crunchy wafer.

Petit Fours – Coconut Marshmallows, Shortbread Cookies and Chocolate Truffles. What a way to end a meal. Three memorable bites and a food orgasim.

Thank You Very Much…Chika and Staff!

Delicious little desserts, and in my opinion,...

Delicious little desserts, and in my opinion, in the perfect sizes! The combination of flavors in the small portions are absolutely divine, and satisfy my sweet tooth. Our waiter was SO friendly, patient and very helpful – he didn’t mind explaining almost every item on the menu! Although small, I thought the place was cozy and enjoyed the ambience.

I didn’t give it full 5 stars because I did think the wait was pretty long and a bit pricey.

However, this place is absolutely worth it, and I plan to again.

KikiOsada photo

KikiOsada

aaahhh

Petite and delicate desserts that transported me back to Japan! Nothing like the rich & fatening desserts that makes me feel so fat & bloated afterwards! Definitely a place to go for a nice afternoon dessert!

Prix Fixe Good For Kids Parking

Jintana

Lorena371

LisaHung

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar  Restaurant Reviews

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: Chikalicious Yelp, Chikalicious, Chikalicious Restaurant, East Village Dessert Bar, Desserts Statistics Per Diner Restaurant, Chikalicious Dessert Bar, Dessert Bar, Dessert Bar On Long Island, and Chikalicious Menu.