4250 U.S. 98
Lakeland, FL 33810

China Mei Wei Buffet

Cuisine: Oriental, Chinese, American

China Mei Wei Buffet is a Oriental, Chinese, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"friendly and good fast service "
"Many selections, good wings, but I would've enjoyed all of the food more if it had been WARM. Honestly, when I came in, it was all old and bland, but later on when no one was even coming in and not that many were there, they dished out all of the hot "
  • 11/03/2019

An Oriental food lover from Tampa, FL tried it.

• 5/11/2019

An Oriental food lover from US tried it.

• 1/24/2019

A diner from Tampa, FL tried it.

• 7/26/2018

An Oriental chowhound from Winter Haven, FL tried it.

• 6/23/2018

An Oriental food lover from Lakeland, FL tried it.

• 9/30/2017

An Oriental chowhound from Lakeland, FL tried it.

• 8/14/2017

A dining patron from Lakeland, FL tried it.

• 12/11/2016

An Oriental food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/10/2016

A diner from Lakeland, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    friendly and good fast service
  • 6/19/2015

A dining patron from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cynbur photo

Cynbur

Lakeland, FL

Chinese Restaurant Visit

I just ate at the worst chinese buffet I have ever eaten at in my 49 years.

There were very few people in this place at DINNER time and here’s why:

Some of the food was old and tasted terrible and bland, even at 6:00 pm! You would think that the chefs would prepare fresh food for this time of day, some of it was not fresh, especially the wonton for the soup, it was overcooked and looked as though it had beening sitting there all day. The stuffed shrimp tasted like stuffed ground chicken, it had no crab meat and had no taste, with a very tiny shrimp, maybe it was brine, not certain, it tasted as though it had been frozen. The honey chicken (my favorite dish) was bland, I cannot recall what it tasted like, was there even honey in it?

The service, as usual, was good, I tipped over 20%. It was not worth the price I paid for this buffet.

I have been to this buffet in the past when it was under another name and possible owner and enjoyed my dining experience, I am SO disappointed. I will NEVER come back to this place again.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Interesting

This one runs average to good – sometimes the heat is not turned up enough on the buffet pans and the food gets cold fast. I prefer to eat with chopsticks (slower is better, smaller bites is healthier) and if I forget my own, naturally they have the standard freebies. This location has housed other, similar – I think the last previous was Asia Buffet or something like that – may be same owners. When closed and re-opened, seemed “familiar”…They added crablegs to the buffet after 3:30 or 4 p.m., got smart, started charging extra. I’ve seen customers pile them on in other places and not surprising increased price. I dont eat the things but my husband does – but we’ve not been there late so can’t speak for the crablegs. It’s got the usual pleasant mixture of oriental dishes along with american ones – and desserts, and I believe a sushie (sp?) bar – I don’t eat that, so can’t speak for it. Overall the buffet is fine, better than some – maybe not up to quite the standards of some others – but as with a lot of “cuisines” around here you pretty much take what can get or stay home and cook. Nothing major wrong, except sometimes the pans aren’t hot enough on the warmer deal. Service is adequate. When you “buffet” it, again, you take what can get which includes not the fastest service in the world, but ok. Prices ok for what it is. Frankly don’t see how buffets stay in business anyway, the amount of food we see folks eat. Wouldn’t rush to get over there, it’s about 14 miles each way – but when we’re in the neighborhood it’s nice to eat “ornamental” (inside humor—you had to be there).

Buffet

My favorite on any buffet of this kind is the Lo Mein noodles, and these are about the least salty and least swimming in sauce. Always pretty good, as is the beef and broccoli. I always have my hot tea with it (habit and I like it) – husband usually has unsweet iced tea – most times a bit weak he says but ok to “wash it down.” He enjoys the various desserts (little cake type things).

Oriental Chinese American

China Mei Wei Buffet  Restaurant Reviews

China Mei Wei Buffet is located near the cities of Eaton Park.
People found this by searching for: China Mei Wei Lakeland, China Mei Wei Buffet, China Mei Wei Buffet Lakeland, Chinese Buffet On 98 North, Mei Wei Lakeland Fl, Mei Wei Lakeland, Mei Wei, 4250 U.S. 98 Lakeland Fl, and China Mei Wei Buffet Hours.