China Star

Neighborhoods: West Akron
Cuisine: Chinese, Fast Food, Soups

China Star is a Chinese, Fast Food, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Fast service, employees smile when I come in (weird I know, but that's a plus for me), food is very good and prices are reasonable. I hope they stick around for a long time. My wife and I rely on this place when we don't feel like cooking."
"Fast, good food. It's a to-go restaurant so my expectations match what it is. We like it."
"Fast-service "
"Cheese wonton s "
"Food is good for the price. Always done on time and nice size servings. Never messed up the order. "
"excellent service "
"THE FOOD IS SIMPLY AMAZING AND SERVICE IS PRETTY GOOD AS WELL I COME FROM OUT OF STATE TO GET THE FOOD !!!! AWESOME ~*"
"God service very fast kind"
"Food is good"
"Cheese wontons"
"Good takeout, fast, nice, usually throw in some extra goodies. "
"Good food. Good prices. Very fast. "
"The food is good and services is fast. I would recommend it to anyone who is on a budget. Price is good"
"the nastiest Chinese food I've ever had would definitely not recommend"
"Fast friendly service"
"Great shrimp lo mein it felt like I was eating in China great hospitality"
Cons
"None really"
"Loud"
"Food is not on par with expensive sit down restaurants. If you want really high quality you will pay for it. "
"sour chicken"
"the food was hot and the service was fast"
"the food needs more flavorthe rice was dry and the vegetables are soggy"
"No cons"
Comments
"very polite, always have order ready and correct. Food is good for the price point. They may a point of having food the customers are asking for. They do have foods that are not traditionally Chinese but fits the customers they have. "
  • 3/26/2018

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 9/12/2017

• 8/17/2017

A Chinese chowhound from US tried it.

• 8/04/2017

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it and liked it.

• 8/04/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Akron, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/02/2017

A Chinese food lover from Akron, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/21/2017

A Chinese food lover from Akron, OH tried it.

• 6/22/2017

A dining patron from Akron, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/16/2017

A Chinese food lover from Canton, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/17/2017

A Chinese chowhound from New Philadelphia, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

babsdevo photo

babsdevo

Akron, OH

awful

kung bao chicken had no spice AT ALL—and the sauce was brown colored, not what I am used to seeing.
peanuts were soggy and boiled
green peppers mushy. It could have been slopped out of a can.
The meal ended up in the waste basket

C10. Kung Pao Chicken

bland, no red pepper, soggy vegetables, soggy peanuts
sauce was brown colored Hated it.

13. Fried Wonton (12)

tasted stale, delivered cold

April 4, 2010

Great food

Food is really good, but service can come off as rude when they rush you to make your order super fast so they can get off of the phone. Otherwise, they're nice. The wantons and sauce you get every time your order is over $15 bucks are…
December 25, 2006

worst food and service ever

I ordered the kung pao chicken and received the wrong item. After the driver delievered it, he refused to change my order. I called in and talked to someone on the phone who barely spoke english. Not only was the food wrong, but it was…

China Gourmet

Chinese in Northwest Akron

House of Hunan

Chinese in Downtown

Ju Yuan Kitchen

American in Firestone Park

4/23/2018

An American chowhound from Cuyahoga Falls, OH tried Firehouse Grille & Pub.

4/22/2018

An Asian chowhound from Akron, OH tried New Ming in West Akron, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food and liked the service.

4/19/2018

A Lunch chowhound from Philadelphia, PA tried Pizza Bogo in Merriam Valley.

4/17/2018

An American food lover from US tried Gourmet Kitchen in Kenmore.

4/16/2018

A Pizza food lover from Barberton, OH tried Rocco's Kenmore Pizza Shop in Rolling Acres.

4/15/2018

A diner from Cuyahoga Falls, OH tried Emidio & Sons Italian Restaurant in North Hill and didn't like it. They didn't like the food.

4/13/2018

A Wings food lover from US tried Wings 18 in West Akron.

4/13/2018

A Cafe chowhound from Madison, OH tried East Side Cafe in Ellet.

4/12/2018

A Family Dining chowhound from US tried Farmer Boy Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

4/10/2018

An American food lover from Akron, OH tried New Era Restaurant in East Akron, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Chicken paprikash, apple strudel, and cheese strudel are always my first choices every time I visit this place.
Cons
I have never had a bad meal or a bad experience at this restaurant. My family has patronized this restaurant since it opened over three quarters of century ago.
Comments
When you go to this place bring a large appetite or ask for a take out box. The portions are large.
Chinese Fast Food Delivery

China Star  Restaurant Reviews

China Star is located near the cities of Summit County.
People found this by searching for: China Star Akron Ohio Menu, China Star Akron Menu, China Star Menu, China Star Copley Road, China Star Akron Ohio, China Star Menu Akron Ohio, China Star Copley Rd Akron Ohio, and China Star Akron.