2825 Se 122nd Ave
Portland, OR 97266

China Star

Neighborhoods: Powellhurst - Gilbert
Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Fast Food

China Star is a Chinese, Lunch, and Fast Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great Chow Mein. Great sesame chicken. The fried rice is not fried rice. I don't think anyone makes true fried rice any more. It is steamed rice with soy sauce in it. Fried rice after it has cooled to room temp is actually fried in oil with a minimum of a"
"Decor terrible"
Cons
"The fried rice is not fried rice. I don't think anyone makes true fried rice any more. It is steamed rice with soy sauce in it. Fried rice after it has cooled to room temp is actually fried in oil with a minimum of at least some of each: soy sauce, onion,"
Comments
"If ordering to take out, I would not order fried rice. I would take the steamed white rice home and fry it myself the right way."
  • 10/20/2018

A Chinese food lover from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 6/20/2018

A Chinese food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Comments
  • 4/22/2018

A Chinese food lover from Tacoma, WA tried it.

• 2/28/2018

• 1/22/2018

A dining patron from Gresham, OR tried it.

• 10/14/2017

A diner from Tacoma, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/10/2017

• 5/31/2017

• 4/06/2017

A Chinese food lover from Portland, OR tried it.

• 1/17/2016

A Chinese chowhound from Portland, OR tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

karey1980 photo

karey1980

Portland, OR

Our Neighborhood Chinese Restaurant

We lived just down the street from this Chinese restaurant for 2.5 years before I gave it a try. There’s not much curb appeal and 122nd is a more than a little seedy. However, after 2.5 years of driving by and the restaurant remaining in business, I decided to give it a try. I’m so glad I did.
Their menu has over 100 items, including 15+ vegetarian entrees. The servings are very large. I have always got my food as take-out, but I expect dining in would be a good experience. The seating is high-backed booths. There is a parking lot with ample space.
The restuarant lobby is very clean and the owners seem to take a lot of pride in their work. The staff are very pleasant and appreciate your business. They are eager to please you. Naturally, understanding their heavy accents over the phone can sometimes be a bit challenging, but that’s universal to most Chinese food joints.

Bean Curd w. Mixed Vegetables

Large chunks of fresh vegetables and wedges of fried tofu in a delicious sauce. Served with a separate container of white rice. You can add tofu to any entree for $1 or $2 depending how much you want. Each entree is enough for 2 meals, minimum.

Chinese Dinner Lunch

China Star  Restaurant Reviews

China Star is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: China Star, China Star Portland Oregon Menu, China Star Menu Portland, China Star Menu Portland Oregon, China Star Portland Menu, China Star Portland Or Menu, China Star Menu, and China Star Menu Portland Or.