China Village

Neighborhoods: Albany
Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Catering

China Village is a Chinese, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped more than 18%.

jwbnyc photo

jwbnyc

Seattle, WA

Sizzling Szechuan Seafood

Just north of Berkeley, the restaurant is in a nice busines district with easy, free street parking out front. The old storefront it occupies has charm and the interior decor resembles what I saw on my visit to Beijing. I was directed here by a colleague who is a connoisseur of Chinese cuisine since I’m in SF with rare time to spare.

The first thing I noticed on the menu was the variety of appetizers and accompaniments – a mixture of traditional Szechuan and some inventions with locally available ingredients. I was confident I was in for a treat, seeing the two dozen or so tables were mostly occupied by Chinese families. One unexpected treat was the lovely waitress who was wonderfully pleasant and helpful.

I came for something spicy – and I wasn’t disappointed – the chef was generous with the Szechuan pepper! The portions here are lavish – sharing an appetizer and an entree should satisfy any two people unless they haven’t eaten in the last 24 hours. I’m reluctant to give a five-star rating based on just one dish, but there just isn’t anything to complain about and the food I had was exquisite.

Spicy Boiled Fish

I asked for extra spicy and the dish definitely packed a punch, yet it carried a variety of flavors and the fish was accented, not obliterated.

Cucumber with Garlic Sauce

A very refreshing starter. The sauce is just pungent enough to overcome the cucumber flavor with a pleasant, striking contrast.

March 8, 2011

Phony Prices Advertised Outside & On Carry Out Menus

First of all, I had consistently found the food and service at China Village to be mediocre at best. The only reason I ever returned at all is that it is within easy walking distance of where I live in Albany or I had to be out doing…
August 31, 2010

Great food!

This got to be the best Chinese restaurant in the East Bay. The spices are fantastic and if you like Northern Chinese food this is the place to go to. The quantities are large and we usually take food home. The price is right for a…

12/02/2017

A Hamburgers food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Al's Big Burger in Albany.

11/10/2017

An American (New) food lover from El Cerrito, CA tried Juanita & Maude, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
too many, we were having too much fun
Cons
It's noisy but not among the worst
11/08/2017

A diner from Berkeley, CA tried Al's Big Burger in Albany.

9/13/2017

A diner from Berkeley, CA tried The Hot Shop in Albany.

9/02/2017

A Gluten Free food lover from Berkeley, CA tried Organic Meals To Go in Lower Solano.

8/21/2017

A Cafe chowhound from Richmond, CA tried Potala Vegan Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/06/2017

A diner from Albany, CA tried Zarri's Delicatessen in Albany, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/22/2017

A diner from Mill Valley, CA tried Suzette Crepe Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Everything :)
5/16/2017

A diner from US tried Al's Big Burger in Albany.

5/07/2017

A Mediterranean food lover from Berkeley, CA tried Zaytoon in Lower Solano, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Chinese Delivery Lunch

China Village  Restaurant Reviews

China Village is located near the cities of Berkeley, Kensington, Columbus, Regina, and El Cerrito.
People found this by searching for: China Village Albany California Menu, China Village Solano Ave, Address For China Village Albany Ca, China Village Solano Ave Albany California, China Village Solano, China Village Menu Albany, China Village Albany Menu, China Village Albany, and China Village Albany Ca.