Classic Cup Cafe On the Plaza

Neighborhoods: Country Club Plaza
Cuisine: American, Lunch, Vegetarian

Classic Cup Cafe On the Plaza is a American, Lunch, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 5/31/2015

An American chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it.

mizzouatheart photo

mizzouatheart

Kansas City, MO

Best People-watching on the Plaza

This longtime institution on the Country Club Plaza offers the best people-watching if you sit in their streetside cafe dining area. They also have a nice, roomier back patio with umbrellas to shade you from the summer sun.

The drinks at this place are fantastic. I love their margaritas, bloody marys and wine selection. We went there for brunch on Father’s Day and were seated right away in the streetside area. My husband ordered a special, the steak and blue salad, a hearty salad with plenty of crisp greens, nice medium rare steak and generous amounts of blue cheese. He did not care for the dried cranberries but I thought they added the perfect sweetness. I ordered the Turkey Hot Brown, two English muffins topped with smoked turkey, thick-sliced bacon and a sharp cheddar cheese sauce with seasonal vegetables. I chose this dish because I wanted something to share with our toddler son and I thought he would eat it as well, and he did. I was really impressed with the bacon and the sauce tasted great, not like cheese wiz as I feared.

I will forever love this restaurant because years ago when I was there for a networking breakfast, I found out I left my credit/debits cards at home and had no cash. The server let me go home and call them with the card number.

everything that is classic about food and kansas city. gr...

everything that is classic about food and kansas city. great people watching and good food.

November 20, 2008

Great place

The Classic Cup takes on a different personality depending on the time of day and the season. You can sit on the outdoor patio and enjoy a glass of wine and people watching, or come for dinner and have a romantic meal in front of the…
August 14, 2008

Cafe

One of my favorite places to have a cup of coffee - especially during the Plaza lighting in the evenings at Christmas time. Great service, wonderful relaxed atmosphere and great coffee.

American Parking Lunch
Tips
  • The back deck allows customers to dine under private umbrellas, while the front sidewalk resembles a Parisian patio.
  • Complement your meal with one of the 40 wines by the glass.

Classic Cup Cafe On the Plaza  Restaurant Reviews

Classic Cup Cafe On the Plaza is located near the cities of North Kansas City, Kansas City, and Rosedale.
People found this by searching for: Classic Cup Sidewalk Cafe Menu, Streetside Cafe Kansas City, Rosedale Or Sacramento Restaurants Cake, Classic Cup Kansas City, Classic Cup Menu, Sidewalk Cafe On The Plaza K.C.Mo., Libfery Ststion Restaurants, Classic Cup Sidewalk Cafe, and Kansas City River Market.