7615 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Cobras & Matadors

Neighborhoods: Mid-Wilshire
Cuisine: Tapas, European, Fondue

Cobras & Matadors is a Tapas, European, and Fondue restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

ThaiBruin photo

ThaiBruin

Great Spanish Tapas in LA!

If you like Spanish tapas, you would love Cobras. The one I went to is near the Grove/Farmer’s Market, a very trendy restaurant in a trendy neighborhood. I highly recommend getting a reservation on-line, otherwise expect to wait a while for a table. The restaurant does get noisy. It is a fun, very lively atmosphere. There is no corkage fee, so make sure to stop next door at the wine shop to pick up a wine to go with your meal.

We started with Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Cabrales cheese and almonds. They were served in some kind of sweet wine/rum sauce. They are simply the most divine dish at the restaurant—sweet and savory all at the same time. I would go back just for the dates alone! Then we have the Spanish style barbequed skirt steak marinated in orange juice & paprika. The steak melted in your mouth with marvelous flavors. Next we had patatas fritas with aioli & mojo picon (potatoes fried in garlic sauce and truffle olive oil). The truffle oil was subtle but it gave the dish a specially unique taste. The waitress convinced us to order the Bacalao Salt Cod Cakes, and they were pretty tasty. We finished off with Churros laced with sugar and cinnamon and served with a chocolate dipping sauce.

All in all, a very satisfying and enjoyable meal. Compare to the tapas places in Miami, I would say Cobras holds it own very well! I would go back with more people so we can sample a variety of dishes because they all sounded great. Expect to spend $25-40 per person depending on how many dishes you order.

Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Cabrales cheese and almonds

Spanish Style Barbequed Skirt Steak Marinated In Orange Juice & Paprika

The steak was quite tender and the sweet, tangy taste of the orange juice was delicious with a very slight kick of the paprika. A bit pricey, though.

patatas fritas with aioli & mojo picon

The truffle oil was subtle but it gave the dish a specially unique taste.

Bacalao Salt Cod Cakes

By this time, I was getting pretty full, but the the cod cakes were pretty tasty.

Paella

Another time, I also had the Paella—Mussels, clams, prawns, chorizo sausage, chicken and saffron rice. The dish was pretty mushy, and it was a little bland, not much flavor. I won’t order it again.

Prawns Mojo D'Ajo

Giant prawns in garlic sauce. If you like garlic, you would love this dish.

HuanVu photo

HuanVu

Call in a reservation or else you'll be eating outside (i...

Call in a reservation or else you’ll be eating outside (if you’re lucky). If you’re lucky enough to eat inside, you can byob (or wine). Corking is free from what I’ve heard (we weren’t lucky enough to eat inside)

The portions here are large, more than enough for 3 people. We ordered 4 dishes and it was more than enough. The seafood paella was good and had tons of clams, shrimps, and chorizo in it. I thought the shrimp might have been a tad over cooked but it was still pretty delicious. The fried artichokes & jamon serrano was good especially the jamon serrano. The sauteed clams were very delicious though I wished there was more bread to sop up the sauce. The last dish we had was the socca cakes with manchego cheese which I could have passed on as it tasted like pancakes. All in all it was a delicious experience and next time I’ll be sure to get an inside table and bring some wine.

Tapas European Fondue
Sun-Thu 06:00PM - 11:00PM

Cobras & Matadors  Restaurant Reviews

Cobras & Matadors is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Cobras And Matadors Beverly Blvd, Cobeas And Matadors, Cobras And Matadors Menu, Cobras And Matadors Restaurant, Cobras And Matadors Menu Los Angeles, Cobras & Matadors – Mid Wilshire, Cobras And Matadors, and Cobras Matador Restaurant.