Cocina 1022

(Harbor View)

Cocina 1022 is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Had the ribeye steak and the meat was dry and low quality. It came with one side and I got the beans with pork and they were way to salty with to much juice, terrible. My friend got tacos and she was very disappointed with a lack of flavor. The steak, ton"
"We went to try COCINA 1022 and the place was dead and yet the service was very slow. I orders the cnchaldas and they were greasy the rice was not hot and lacked flavor. My wife got the shrimp tacos and the shrimp was over cooked. The chips were not fresh "
Cons
"Very very average and expensive for what you got. "
Comments
"COCINA IS AVERAGE MEXICAN FOOD, SLOW SERVICE, AND HI PRICES COMPARED WITH ALL OF THE OTHER MEXICAN RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA."
  • 4/19/2018

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food and didn't like the service.

Pros
  • 4/21/2018

A food lover from US tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food and liked the service.

• 4/19/2018

A dining patron from US tried it.

sharons1619 photo

sharons1619

Milwaukee, WI

New mexican cuisine

Dinner out with friends. Cute, new small Mexican restaurant. Our server was pleasant and explained all the menu choices. Some of the other diners were raving about the Mexican corn which was a side. Salsas were quite good and different with both a mild and spicy. Had the steak tacos which were okay.
Margaritas were available in mango or lime. I wish I had tried some of the more interesting items on the menu. This is a new restaurant that is still finding its place.

steak tacos

lb8er photo

lb8er

Milwaukee, WI

A little disappointed...

Went to Cocina 1022 with a group of fellow diners. We went on a weeknight and it was hard to believe that we were the only ones in the restaurant. I ordered a margarita on the rocks at the bar and then another one while we were seated at the table. It was just average. Our server was friendly and answered all of our questions. One person at our table had a question that she was not able to answer, so she got the owner to assist. He seemed a little bothered by it, but in the end, the dish that came out of the kitchen seemed to satisfy my friend.
I ordered 3 tacos which came with one side. For all three tacos, steak, pork, and a combination, ALL of the meat was dry and overcooked. This baffled me because we were the only ones in there! Don’t they make the food to order, or is the meat just sitting around in some heating dish getting overdone by the minute? The side I chose was the Mexican street corn. I liked the fact that it was already off the cob, which helped to eat it, but there was a lot of liquid at the bottom of the bowl. With so many other Mexican options around, I’m not sure I’d go back.

Cocina 1022  Restaurant Reviews

Cocina 1022 is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Cocina 1022.