2114 Colorado Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90041

Colorado Wine Company

Neighborhoods: Eagle Rock
Cuisine: Wine Bar

Colorado Wine Company is a Wine Bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Unpretentious Wine Tasting

I came upon this place because it was the first stop for a friend’s bday celebration this past October. Its a teeny tiny place on the side of the street not far from the fwy exit (big brownie points with me just for that alone!).

I walked in to find a bar about the size you’d find in someone’s home…uhh, about 6 foot wide with enough space for about 4-5 people to pull up close to? On the other side were untreated wooden racks, like the kind you’d find at Ikea, that housed wines still in boxes. Hmm, this was the first sign to me that this wasn’t one of those pretentious wine bars. I instantly felt comfortable because here’s the truth, I love wine, but I can’t tell you shit about what I’m tasting, the hues, the undertones, and whatnot. I just know it when I know it. Its that simple with me.

I take a few more steps and instantly see my friends taking up the remaining bar stools and tables located in the walkway and rear of the place (yeah, its one of those COZY places which is code for SMALL, reeeal small!). Ahh, suddenly the lights are more dim and there’s a big red velvet couch next to us along with yet another bar that seems more quaint. There’s a really nice Asian chick avail to serve us wine. It felt like we were in a private wine cellar be tended to. Unfortunately, a few more people came in which diverted the nice Asian chick away from my very REAL need of another sangria.

I waited, and waited ever so politely while she tended to that other party. By the time she remembered and brought it over, I didn’t feel like it anymore. (I’m entitled to be a brat every now and then.) I feel for her cuz I know she was trying to do her best. She along with the other guy that was working there were super low key and very friendly.

My friends and I had a real good time here before we made our way to a pizza joint a few looooong blocks down the same street. The sangria was awesome…and since I didn’t get another sangria, I obviously didn’t get to try their wines. But my friends were raving about their Sunday wine tasting.

I like their laid back vibe here and would come again for sure. Hopefully we can get nice Asian chick all to ourselves next time so we can try a variety of their offerings.

TIP: They allow you to bring in your own food to eat along with the wine your order from here, of course.

Sangria

Loved the sangria, as it was very fruity masking the actual alcohol content, but the lack of service really dampened my enjoyment of this drink. Howvever, I know it was an isolated event and it will not deter me from returning.

Wine Bar

Colorado Wine Company  Restaurant Reviews

Colorado Wine Company is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Colorado Wine Company Menu, Inglewood Fruity Sangria Wine, Colorado Wine Company In Eagle Rock, Colorado Wine Company Eagle Rock Yelp, Eagle Rock And Colorado Los Angeles, Colorado Wine Bar Eagle Rock, Colorado Wine Company Eagle Rock, and Wine Bars Near Eagle Rock Ca.