Colori Kitchen

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Italian, Italian Deli, Lunch

Pros
"Excellent! !"
Cons
"Need wine"
Comments
"You gotta try this place"
  • 10/23/2014

Pros
    Excellent! !
    Cons
    Need wine
    Comments
    You gotta try this place
  • 5/04/2013

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

awesome pastas

Finally made it to Colori Kitchen.
Food: Outstanding.
Service: friendly and also annoying.
Smell: gross.

I had the pasta (that squared off spaghetti, can’t remember the name) with pancetta in a cream sauce. It was so incredibly good. We saw the cioppino come out to the next table and that looked so good too. Next time.
The menu is pretty basic, and actually not too many dishes appealed to me, but only because their descriptions didn’t sound very exciting, but I’m wondering if the execution is really good so that each dish is actually wonderful. Their prices are very reasonable, so I’ll make more opportunities to try out other dishes, especially that cioppino.

We shared the house made canoli for dessert. I’m no canoli expert, but I have had my share of mediocre ones. These were very good. The shell may have been a tad overcooked. Anyway there were three of them.
When they brought it over, they felt they had to adamantly give us directions in how to eat them: use your hands. No, really? Gee, maybe I’ve never eaten a canoli before in life? WTH. For the third canoli, I decided to cut it in half so we could share. As soon as I put knife to canoli, they ran over and were shocked shocked, and completely disappointed that we didn’t follow their strict instruction. WTF. Are the new downtowners food stupid? Has the restaurant come across so many food newbies that they feel a need to tell us how to eat? Most of the service was like that, friendly but with an air of, you’ve never had this kind of food before, it’s called Italian.

Smell: we were the first ones in when they opened. We were hit with the scent of cleaning fluid mixed with urine. Once the kitchen got going it was ok, and ok through dinner. But at the end of dinner, I could smell that smell again.

Four stars because the food was so good.

May 17, 2007

Greal local Kitchen

I live 2 blocks aways pass by on my way to work daily . I rarely get a chance to eat here cause they focus on the lunch crowd. BUT they open for dinner Friday and Saturday night. I look forward to going to dinner here. Food is cooked…
March 14, 2007

New owners! Now COLORI KITCHEN, italian

After reading the review of ?Colori kitchen? on Yelp, I look this restaurant on City search and could not find it. Eventually I realized that is the former Sparta Delicatessen. Everything has change but the sign (still read as Sparta). The…

Susina Bakery

Breakfast in Mid City West

Pizzeria Mozza

Italian in Mid Wilshire

1/17/2018

A Modern European food lover from Downey, CA tried Creperie Le Terrace, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/17/2018

A Mexican chowhound from US tried Tacos LA Fonda in Glassell Park.

1/16/2018

A Sushi chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Sushi Gen in Downtown.

1/16/2018

A Mexican chowhound from Lynwood, CA tried Las Ranas Cafe.

1/14/2018

A diner from Pacific Palisades, CA tried Katsuya - Brentwood in West Los Angeles.

1/13/2018

A diner from US tried Bamboo Garden Restaurant in South Central LA, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Been going to Bamboo Garden since I was a kid. The food is good. I try and stop by every time I'm in the area.
1/13/2018

A dining patron from US tried Ali BABA Pizza & Games in East Los Angeles, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/12/2018

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Henri's in Canoga Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

1/12/2018

A dining patron from Whitby, ON tried Adriano's Ristorante in Bel Air.

1/12/2018

A Thai chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Sunshine Restaurant in Hollywood.

Italian Online Ordering Delivery

Colori Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

Colori Kitchen is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Colori Cafe Reviews, Colori Kitchen Menu, Colori Kitchen Restaurant In Los Angeles Downtown, Menu Colori Kitchen La, Colori Restaurant Downtown La, Colori Kitchen Los Angeles Menu, Colori Restaurant Los Angeles, and Restaurant Colori Kitchen.