17601 Central Ave
Carson, CA 90746

columbia restaurant

Neighborhoods: Carson
Cuisine: Cafe, Burgers, Catering

columbia restaurant is a Cafe, Burgers, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Chilly cheese fries "
"Food is always cold when I make a call in order even when I tell them when I am picking it up."
"The workers are nice and friendly. I love the chicken dinner with out the rice saled and fries excellent :-)"
Cons
"Hi this is sunn, the chicken dinner is very good. I Love the breakfast I love everythingI ate. If you haven'ttried you don't know what your missing don't believe me go see for yourself."
  • 8/22/2019

A Cafe chowhound from Compton, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/10/2019

A diner from Torrance, CA tried it.

• 2/17/2019

A Cafe chowhound from Carson, CA tried it.

• 8/22/2017

• 4/11/2017

A Cafe chowhound from Lynwood, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/02/2017

A Cafe food lover from AZ tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/14/2016

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 2/15/2016

A Cafe chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Chilly cheese fries
  • 1/19/2016

A Cafe food lover from Torrance, CA tried it.

• 12/28/2015

A dining patron from Long Beach, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

BurgerSloath photo

BurgerSloath

Inglewood, CA

Chinese Chicken Salad

I had a Chinese Chicken Salad which was not what the ordinary Chinese Chicken Salad is. Looked more like a Mexican Salad. Anyhow, I ate it but I found the price for the plate overrated. My eye catched very expensive items on the menu.

Polish Sausage at columbia restaurant

Polish Sausage

Very expensive.

RayRaiders photo

RayRaiders

Newport Beach, CA

Ice Cream Headache

I had a shake with chunks of ice cream that couldn’t go thru the straw. Also I paid 5 bucks for it… hmm..

Chocolate Shake

Poorly Blended with little chocolate syrup. Overpriced and Expensive.

TommyBorn photo

TommyBorn

Another Food Place With an Attitude

I bought the Ham sandwich. The price was 4.69 +tax which gets to a 5 dollar sandwich. Adding the fries and the Coke will reach fast to an expensive meal. I couldn’t find a clean table so I had to find a towel to clean my own table. The person served me was new and didn’t know much about their menu. Nobody bother to answer my questions.

Ham Sandwich

Lettuce Tomatoes and Mayonaise. Ham is averagely grilled with somewhat taste.

JordanBay photo

JordanBay

Carson, CA

I find the place very expensive for the average...

I find the place very expensive for the average pocket. Something similar to their menu prices I find at Beverly Hills.

Colossus Burger

The meat is poor. I hardly find the pastrami strips, I could have counted to six or seven strips. Prices are without Tax. They advertise false prices and they don’t tell you till the order is placed.

DannyBonzo photo

DannyBonzo

Altadena, CA

Food Place with Overrated Quality

The location of the fast food restaurant is near Compton’s exit at 91 freeway on South Central Avenue.
I always pass by this avenue and thought to stop by and give it a try. I ordered a turkey burger with fries and a medium Coke. My Coke was flat and I mentioned it but they never fixed it while I was there. No problem, I had Diet Coke instead. When I got my food, my fries were cold and and greasy. They looked like they cooked them over and over again. I stayed by the kitchen and saw with my own eyes that they actually throw back in the fries after they cook them for heating them up. That’s why I got all that grease. Will give a two star rate. The turkey burger had issues too.

Its really good - Triple Bacon Cheese Turkey Burger at columbia restaurant

Triple Bacon Cheese Turkey Burger

The patty was not fresh. It was frozen and thawed in the microwave. They put ranch for the dressing which I find different.

SandraFigurine photo

SandraFigurine

Irvine, CA

Mexican Grill Restaurant

I had a Chicken Nachos Plate. The place looked like they know how to make a real Mexican Nacho Plate. But I asked how do they make the cheese and they replied that it comes from a can. I ordered still, and found that they actually do not trim cheddar on top, but they use canned cheese. I had a hell of a night with gases.

Nacho Grande Supreme

Canned Cheese not REAL Grounded Cheddar.

Marisa7346 photo

Marisa7346

Northridge, CA

Not Like Back In The Days

I used to eat there ten years or so ago. But is not the same anymore. They don’t make the food as tasty as it was. They changed management or something has happened, new owners propably. Easy on the meat and cheese and extra on the lettuce and white rice.

Chicken Salad

Little Chicken, Extra Lettuce and Rice.

ChuckBurns photo

ChuckBurns

Lots of Footprints at the Specials

New specials are in town and get ready to eat all you want. They have food waiting to be cooked. But with a small footprint waiting for you at each and every special they have. No straight up special exists in this food place. Rich pockets are welcome here.

SteveDragon photo

SteveDragon

False Advertisement

Read the specials very carefully! Each one has a requirement that brings the overall value up to a higher one, than what is advertised.
You cannot get one single item at a reduced Special price.

burger and fries at columbia restaurant

burger and fries

A “Dollar” 1/4lb burger by itself cannot happen. Gotta buy one 20oz soda first, that costs expensive. You can get the soda cheaper somewhere else.

SarahWesker photo

SarahWesker

Gardena, CA

Average Fast Food

They have a huge selection of menu items. Their service is slow, if you are in a rush. IF you have time, try their chicken salad. It’s their healthiest plate.

Chicken Salad

Lettuce and three pieces of tomatoes. Couple of cucumbers and white rice with a spoonfull of white chicken breast. Three crackers come with the plate.

Lizzard photo

Lizzard

Altadena, CA

Unreal! Still Open???

This is an American restaurant which served us up some mediocre Mexican and Greek cuisine. The entree’s weren’t bad, but nothing to write home about either. We ordered the pancakes which which had a bad taste. They came out cold and weren’t very good.

I would have given three stars, but the service was soooooo slow!! Our waiter was pleasant enough, but the kitchen was taking a really long time to prepare the food, and there were only three other tables seated in the entire restaurant! No excuses guys! Sorry, won’t be back.

JewMan photo

JewMan

Gardena, CA

No Treat Here

We buy a lot of tacos from this place because they were cheap, but when they stopped giving us extra hot sauce and salsa, and started charging for it, we went elsewhere. We also buy breakfast burritos in the morning, but the specials they have are not suitable for us. We must bring in all our co-workers to individually order the same order separately, in order to get the discount… so much hassle Columbia! Help us out here… save us some time.

Breakfast Burrito at columbia restaurant

Breakfast Burrito

FreddyCook photo

FreddyCook

Chatsworth, CA

Dirty Fast Food Place

Driving around with a coworker, not a care in the world, just looking for a place to grab lunch that’s open and looks interesting.

As I’m pulling an illegal u-turn, we spot Columbia and decide to pull in as it’s busy enough, which I’ve come to learn, is not always a good sign.

Walk in, not sure what to get so I just go for a Bacon Cheeseburger combo. Sorry – don’t remember how much it was. That’s when it got fun. It was like musical tables. I passed on two tables because they were dirty before i found one that looked reasonably clean. Sat down and waited a few minutes before my order was called.

This place surely does attract some interesting characters. Everything from people dressed in professional business attire, to the hooker, or hooker looking woman whose skirt was so high you could tell she was a woman. Then there was me.

Trying to enjoy a burger that just didn’t compare to what I had the other night. This burger was pretty small in size. Wasn’t awful but didn’t have any distinct flavor or anything at all memorable. The fries helped but they sure were stingy with their serving.

After finishing our meal, we didn’t sit and converse as a more interesting crowd starting piling in. I took it as my cue when one of them started singing in my ear. Well, humming

burger and fries at columbia restaurant

burger and fries

Not big enough for the money you pay. Overcooked with dressing that doesn’t taste like thousand island. They use a sall piece of tomato and a thin slice lettuce. A bunch of onions, was on there also.

Vega photo

Vega

Alhambra, CA

Lunch Hour Is A Disaster Here

I usually eat here when I am in the area,but last week I stopped by for a quick lunch plate… and… my day was totally ruined from the unprofessionalism this place had. They messed up my order, took forever to correct it, and I got yelled at also for being right! WTF??

Its really good - Triple Bacon Cheese Turkey Burger at columbia restaurant

Triple Bacon Cheese Turkey Burger

Very Expensive, and not cooked correctly. Took them forever to get it right… not everyone eats a turkey burger with the kind of dressing you put on there..

Mularee photo

Mularee

AAhhhhhhh Columbia

We saw all these daily specials when we walked in. So i jumped on the Breakfast Burrito Special and when it came it was the size of a small child, make that 2 of them…………the special lets you get 2 of them.

My girlfriend (god bless her) can eat anything she wants and still remain hot. She ordered their famous asada steak burrito, one ground beef taco, along with a side of chili cheese fries. She couldn’t believe how good their mexican food was, so i tried some as well.

Great specials and really good food. Not only will we be back, we are going to invite our friends to come

Carne Asada Burrito at columbia restaurant

Carne Asada Burrito

Hands down the best i have ever had, the meat was soft, juicy, and i think it was prepared on their broiler…………..flavor….flavor

Chubaka photo

Chubaka

Costa Mesa, CA

This place is now my new FAVORITE SPOT

My boss actually recommended this place to us saying, “If you want to get a ton of food and really cheap prices, then you go to COLUMBIA.”

So, we went and it was packed which gave us plenty of time to go over the HUGE number of specials.

I craved eggs, so i got the buy one Breakfast Burrito get the second one for 1.99…………when i saw how big the burritos were………i knew that i hit a jackpot. The burrito had an entire breakfast wrapped in a giant tortilla, awesome.

My co-workers decided to get the TACO TUESDAY EVERYDAY SPECIAL…………which is another ridiculous special. Their tacos were huge…………..i wondered if i should have got that also.

We are surely coming back and us workers approve this place.

Breakfast Burrito at columbia restaurant

Breakfast Burrito

Imagine an entire breakfast in a BURRITO…………yeah that good and with the GET 2nd one for 1.99………..wow

Compton South Central Mexican Food
Thu-Sat 06:00AM - 12:00AM
Mon-Thu 06:00AM - 11:00PM (https://www.facebook.com/Columbia.Restaurants)

columbia restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

columbia restaurant is located near the cities of West Carson, Merit Carson, Harbor City, and Lomita.
People found this by searching for: Columbia Burger Carson Ca, Columbia Restaurant, Columbia Burger In Carson, Columbia Restaurant Carson, Columbia Burgers Carson Ca, Columbia Burger Menu, Columbia Restaurant In Comptom, Columbia Burgers Menu, and Columbia Restaurant Carson Ca.