1947 N. Farwell Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Comet Cafe

Neighborhoods: Lower East Side
Cuisine: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast

Comet Cafe is a Brunch, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 3/30/2017

• 11/05/2013

A diner from US tried it.

bwrighterbee photo

bwrighterbee

Slow slide down hill

I used to love Comet Cafe and no matter what I ordered I knew it would be fantastic, not so much these days. A lot of my favorites are gone from the menu and have been replaced by so-so dishes. On our last visit I ordered the special mac and cheese with chicken and it was just bland. My dining partner ordered a burger and that was tasty and I was stuck with a blah meal. I took the leftovers home and threw them out when I realized it was not going to improve with age. Doubt I will be back.

eryngo photo

eryngo

A guilty pleasure

This is definitely not the place to come if you are watching your cholesterol, but oh so good! The place is small, the parking is nonexistent but the food is worth it! Vegan-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, carnivore-friendly!

Reuben

I have come to realize that it really is possible to mess up a sandwich that only has five ingredients. Since The Bridge at Marshall Field’s is gone and Ciao Cafe has closed, I have been on an on-again, off-again quest for the perfect reuben! This was not it, but still worthwhile.

AJ's Compact Turkey Dinner

Ever try something out of sadistic curiosity? Turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes formed into a ball, battered, deep fried and smothered in gravy.

Vegan Deep Fried Ribs

If I didn’t know they were vegan, I may not have noticed! The flavor is terriffic… the texture was a little off but barely noticeable.

Comet Bloody Mary

Made with a touch of Guinness and garnished… amongst other things… with bacon! Need I say more?

lvhiphop photo

lvhiphop

Good brunch & good service

I went to the Comet Cafe for the first time today. They do not accept reservations so my group of 7 had a 30 minute wait for a table.
But once we were finally seated, the service was fast. Come prepared to eat because the portions are healthy.
Everyone at the table had something a little different and each person liked their choice/meal.
They also serve brunch until 3pm which is a lot later than most.
I recommend you give Comet Cafe a try!

BELT

A BLT with a fried egg, what more could you ask for. It came with hash browns which were delish.

Pavlovshuman photo

Pavlovshuman

Milwaukee, WI

Needed to try it at least once

Comet Cafe is on the list of ‘places you need to try’ in Milwaukee. I was glad to give it a try; not sure if I will return. The service was fine. Could have eaten outdoors on the patio. The atmosphere is certainly one of the selling points for the Cafe.

Buckwheat Pancakes with Blueberries

They were okay. Honestly, kind of dry. The blueberries helped but not enough for me to want to return for another try. There are other menu items that look good. However, the restaurant seems to rely on large portions without a lot of taste.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Brunch with a wait

Went to Comet Café for the first time to see what the hype was all about. I went for brunch and the line was out the door. I put my name on the list, but lucky for me, I was dining alone so I got a spot at the bar with a short wait. The bartender, as busy as he was filling drinks, managed to still get a drink for me as well as take my order. My dish came out of the kitchen in no time, hot, and a nice helping of food. Everything tasted fresh. I will have to go back to try other dishes.

Benedictator

English muffin with bacon, avocado, poached eggs topped with jalapeno holladaise and a side of hasbrowns. The bacon on top was so crispy, the eggs done perfectly and the jalapeno hollandaise was a great flavor.

Brunch Good For Kids Dinner
Sat 09:00AM - 02:30AM
Sun 09:00AM - 02:00AM
Mon-Thu 10:30AM - 02:00AM
Fri 10:30AM - 02:30AM

Comet Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Comet Cafe is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Comet Milwaukee Restaurant, Thecometwisconsinfullmenupictures, Comet Milwaukee Menu, Comet Restaurant Milwaukee, Comet Cafe Menu, Comet Restaurant In Milwaukee Wi, and Comet Restaurant.