1944 S Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754-6302

Cook's Tortas

Neighborhoods: Montebello
Cuisine: Sandwiches, Lunch, Breakfast

Cook's Tortas is a Sandwiches, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

Sandwich-300x200

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

catering to gringos

Oh yeah, I finally went to Cook’s. I had been wanting to check it out for months and finally made it there.

I guess I’m somewhat disappointed with the torta I got, and most of the rest of the menu didn’t appeal to me too much.

Ahogada: slow cooked pork, spicy double dip. They dumbed it way down for the gringos. Even I thought it was too mild, and I don’t eat very spicy food. Plus it was pretty much just all pork, I think there may have been a couple of rings of onions in there. It was kind of boring. They do have several types of bottled hot sauce, so I had to add some of that.

Fresh housemade agua fresca: Excellent! It was cucumber lime that day and lemme tell ya, it was so good.
Coffee was good too.

I still love the whole concept of tortas reflecting different parts of South America, and will go back, especially for the bacalao torta.

pchow98 photo

pchow98

Rosemead, CA

Best Sandwich In San Gabriel Valley

Simply THE BEST sandwich place that I’ve had in years! All of the sandwiches are amazing and fresh. They bake their own breads too. If you are going there for lunch, be at the shop before 11:30am. Otherwise, prepare to wait in line for 30+ minutes.

Zacatecas

Savory, spicy, tangy! What else do you want more on a sandwich? Absolutely delightful.

Sandwiches Lunch Breakfast

Cook's Tortas  Restaurant Reviews

Cook's Tortas is located near the cities of Southwest San Gabriel Valley, South San Gabriel, Alhambra, San Gabriel, and Rosemead.
People found this by searching for: Cooks In Montebello, Cooks, El Restaurante Cook's Tortas, Cooks Tortaz Menu, Cooks Tortas Yelp, Cooks Tortas Menu, Best Sandwich In The Sgv, Cooks Restaurant Montebello, and Cook's Tortas Menu.