217 Broadway

No Rating
Alli411 photo

Alli411

A Cup of Gold

LOVE the Copa, Copa d’’Oro. (I can’t seem to get Copacabana, that Barry Manilow song out of my head when I think of the name). It’s a mellow, cozy Mediterranean vibe: terracotta hues, high ceilings, tile floors, handsome wooden bar on the left side, comfy sofas and chairs, exposed brick, high ceilings. There are two make out or conversation alcoves, slightly hidden. Of course they are occupied when I’m there. Grab those first if you can.

I’m introduced to Vincenzo Marianella the master mixologist (previously at Providence) and asked what kind of drink I like. “I’m not a big drinker”, I tell him. “Beer, wine, or bubbly are my usuals. I’d like something light and sweet”. (I’d already had a couple of drinks at dinner.) He comes back with this delicious concoction, perfect for my taste, yet something I haven’t had before. It’s so good I don’t even ask him what it is. I just keep sipping. When I finish I notice 2 deep purple, practically black grapes sitting on the ice in my glass. Popping them into my mouth the sweetness clears the alcohol from my mouth. “Nice touch” I think.

Owner JC later tells me about the concept, market fresh cocktails. There’s a menu of fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs from the Santa Monica Farmers Market to mix with spirits. Design your own or let the mixologist delight you. There’s even a drink with red peppers, sweet with a little edge. I’ll have to have that one when I return, along with a bite from their bar menu.

Copa d'oro Dinner Lunch
Ay2nfq_sgr3ykoaby-eeth
Alli411

Agy-38grer27c6abblkses
tulips500

Irvine, CA

Copa d'Oro  Restaurant Reviews

Copa d'Oro is located near the cities of Sawtelle, Venezia, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: Copa D'ororestaurant In Santa Monica, Copa Del Oro Santa Monica, Copa D'oro Santa Monica, Ca, Coppa Restaurant Santa Monica, 217 Broadway Santa Monica, Copa D'oro Menu, Copa Returaunt Culver City, and Copa D'oro.