1975 Nw 86th St
Clive, IA 50325

Cosi Cucina Italian Grill

Cuisine: Italian, Italian pizza, Grill

Cosi Cucina Italian Grill is a Italian, Italian pizza, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Wolfie81 photo

Wolfie81

Des Moines, IA

Overall, Good Food but the Service was a Little Slow.

Our first experience at this restaurant concluded that this would not be our favorite Italian restaurant as their were some flaws in preparation(too salty), presentation(drippings on bowl) and expected availability of my favorite Spumoni Ice-cream..

Upon entering we noticed some stains on the ceiling tiles and the tile color was a dirty looking brown, and the lighting fixtures needed updating as well. At our table we were bought some small pita-like bread to go with our dishes of EVOO, pepper and grated cheese. The bread was very fresh and tasted great. I then ordered a glass of their Italian Banfi Reserva Chianti($8.5) which was very drinkable with a nice rich, dark color, and a full-bodied flavor.

We ordered a dessert to share and were surprised to hear that this “Italian” restaurant doesn’t serve the Italian classic “Spumoni” ice-cream.

Sea Scallop appetizer

We decided to give this place my true test of excellence by ordering the Sea Scallop appetizer where we spied upon five good sized, pan fried sea scallops nestled in a brown sauce accompanied with some onions and mandarin orange slices. Overall, the appetizer was delicious with no grittiness detected at all, and it had a nice seasoned flavor that worked well with the brown sauce. The only complaint was that one of the scallops did have a slight fishy, old taste to it.

Candied Almond Spinach Salad

Carol ordered the Candied Almond Spinach Salad which she said was OK but not great. She prefers fresh fruit in a salad rather than cut up dried apricots.

Asparagus Soup

I tried the Asparagus Soup which I thought was excellent. It had a hint of a Chardonnay flavor with a bit of spiciness. I would highly recommend this soup!!!

Lasagna

For our entrées, Carol ordered the Lasagna of which she didn’t care for the drippy looking presentation on the bowl, and the large chunks of tomatoes. She also said that it was much too salty for her taste.

Classic Italian Pasta

I tried their Classic Italian Pasta with sausages in a tomato-based sauce. The flavors were robust although I, too, found the dish to be very salty for my taste.

Cinnamon Ice-cream

So I selected the Cinnamon Ice-cream option which did NOT disappoint. I was very pleasantly surprised to behold a beautifully presented dish containing two scoops in a thin cookie bowl with a large sliced strawberry on top along with sliced kiwi’s and orange slices. Around the Bowl was a beautifully designed with drizzled raspberry and vanilla sauce all around the bowl. What a presentation it was to behold – and it was all very, very delicious! Now if they could only do this with Spumoni Ice-cream! WOW!!

Italian Italian pizza Italian Restaurants

Cosi Cucina Italian Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Cosi Cucina Italian Grill is located near the cities of Windsor Heights, West Des Moines, Urbandale, and Providence.
People found this by searching for: Cozy Cucina Restaurant Menu, Cosi Cucina Des Moines Menu, What Restaurant Serves Sponi Ice Cream In Des Moines, Iowa, Cosi Cucina Menu, Spumoni, Spumoni Des Moines, Cosi #81, Cosi Cucina Italian Grill, and Cosi Cucina Italian Grill Clive, Ia.