1709 Main St
Daphne, AL 36526

Cousin Vinny's

Cuisine: Italian, Pizza, Pub Food

Cousin Vinny's is a Italian, Pizza, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"、"
  • 9/16/2017

• 8/18/2017

An Italian chowhound from Daphne, AL tried it.

• 3/30/2017

An Italian food lover from New Orleans, LA tried it.

• 3/24/2017

An Italian food lover from LA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/19/2017

An Italian food lover from Des Moines, IA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/29/2016

• 4/18/2016

A dining patron from Washington, DC tried it.

• 3/12/2016

A dining patron from Daphne, AL tried it.

• 3/12/2016

A dining patron from Daphne, AL tried it.

• 1/03/2016

An Italian chowhound from Fairhope, AL tried it.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

cpj photo

cpj

Daphne, AL

So much for customer service

Do not make the mistake I did, or you will have to endure a lecture from Manager Tom. It appears that it is the restaurant’s unwritten policy that you can not eat their take-out on their premises even if your plans changed. I have never heard of such. I may have understood if the restaurant was full – but many tables were empty.

Customer satisfaction is not high on their list of services provided. It is their way or the highway. I chose the highway. The waitress did not even know what to say.

I will have to take my business else where — whether it be take-out or dine-in.

Skeptic photo

Skeptic

One visit too many.....

My wife and I rarely eat out as we constantly find that we can prepare meals at home that are head and shoulders above what we find in many restaurants.

Cousin Vinny’s is a prime example. My wife is out of town for a few weeks so last night I joined a friend and we gave them a try.

The test for an Italian restaurant is spaghetti and meatballs. Vinny failed horribly. The sauce was overly sharp and bordered on being bitter. That is a common result from using inexpensive tomato paste vs tomato puree. The meatballs were huge and I swear had Spaulding branded on the side. They were tasteless and dense. No texture whatsoever. I almost felt they had run the meat though a food processor before shaping the meatballs.

The only plus of the meal was the spinach side salad. Nice dressing and the addition of English walnuts was a nice touch.

From reading the other reviews, I will add that I did not encounter anyone named Tom.

sbailey photo

sbailey

Too Bad

The restaurant very clean and the the food was great BUT the service was terrible (manager Tom) to be exact was absolutely horrible! Bad mouth, and actually ran down a 21 yrs customer for a tip on a 17.80 tab! Can you believe this, it was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, look i understand I am a bartender part-time and you do not expect a tip from every single person, LOOK FOLKS A TIP IS WHAT YOU EARN, NOT EXPECTED!

YELLOW FIN TUNA SANDWICH

LIKE I SAID THE FOOD WAS GREAT

Daughter photo

Daughter

Lincoln, NE

Cruel to Senior Citizens!

I am writing this on behalf of my parents who are 81 and 87 and are not computer literate. Several weeks ago, they dined at Cousin Vinny’s and ordered a thin crust pizza. The pizza crust was burned, and they called the waitress over and sent it back to the kitchen. A short time later, a man came out of the kitchen with the burned pizza in a box, set it down on the table, and said to my mother “you’re paying for this.” They were dining in and had already ordered drinks that were on the table. My parents refused to pay for the burned pizza. My father paid for the drinks, and as he did so, the man again pushed the boxed pizza across the counter at him. My mother was crying on the phone about this the other day. I don’t understand how someone could be so cruel to elderly people. They do not know who the man was, so I don’t know who to complain to if I called the restaurant. They are too intimidated to do anything about it.

gpizza photo

gpizza

Only fair quality pizza

See www.gpizzanation.com for full review

mls490 photo

mls490

Fairhope, AL

Great

I do not know about these other posts but this is the as good a sandwich and pizza place as I have ever eathen. The Italian sub with the Greek salad is as good as any sandwich I have eaten from San Francisco to N.Y. Prices are very reasinable and seving amounts are large. Maybe my favorite sandwich shop in the country. You will not be disappointed. Also, service has always been great!

Excellent, No better in Mobile area

samhouston photo

samhouston

lol cousin vinny's

terrible restaurant. service. food. service. all terrible. and that tom guy blows goats.

Syncmb photo

Syncmb

Fairhope, AL

Fabulous Food in a Casual Atmosphere

Cousin Vinny’s has a large variety of salads, pizza, and sandwiches. Their spinach salad is crisp and delicious. Try their fried artichoke hearts if you really want a treat! They also have the best bread pudding with a caramel butter sauce I’ve ever had. Even though I prefer a bourbon or rum sauce, this is still delicious! Our service could not have been better. I’ve eaten there several times and ordered takeout as well. Their portions are overly generous and their food is first rate. This is a little restaurant in the heart of Daphne that can’t be beat.

Spinach Salad

Crisp, fresh, and delicious! I’ve never had a spinach salad that was better elsewhere!

terrterr10 photo

terrterr10

What a Disappointment!

Friday night, we ordered take out: 2 orders of chicken wings and a side pasta salad. Although the coating on wings was tasty, the wings themselves were severely overcooked and tough as shoe leather. The pasta salad was tasteless. The pasta was cooked properly, however, besides the pasta, the “salad” contained one small piece of artichoke heart and two olives. There was not enough salad dressing to add even a remote hint of flavor. Anyone in the kitchen could have taken one look at the wings and known without a doubt they were overcooked and if the person who prepared the pasta salad had bothered to taste it, they would not have served it. Although we are firm believers in supporting locally owned businesses, we won’t be going back here unless we are made aware of new management AND new cooks.

dannafrei photo

dannafrei

Roscoe, IL

Our favorite !!!!

We are snowbirds who stay in Gulf Shores during the winter. For the past 3 years we have always been anxious to get back to Cousin Vinny’s. We adore their shrimp pizza!! I have also had the yellow fin tuna sandwich, which was superb. We have never been disappointed or treated cruelly as some of the other reviews have said. I also believe in giving a place a second chance if disappointed the first time. Perhaps those people who wrote negative comments need to go back and try again.

Italian Delivery Pizza

Cousin Vinny's  Restaurant Reviews

Cousin Vinny's is located near the cities of Montrose.
People found this by searching for: My Cousin Vinny In Daphne Al, Vinny's Daphne, Guidos Daphne Menu, Cousin Vinny's Daphne Al Menu, Cousin Vinny's Daphne Alabama, Cousin Vinny's Daphne, Cousin Vinny's Daphne Al, and Cousin Vinny's Daphne, Al.