311 Sunset Park Dr
Herndon, VA 20170-5222

Crepes au Soleil

(Near the intersection of Sunset Park Dr and Spring St)

Cuisine: Crepes

Crepes au Soleil is a Crepes restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

Pros
"Great food friendly service"
"Personalized service "
Cons
"No place to sit, or at least not visibly."
  • 2/01/2015

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it and liked it.

Vetski photo

Vetski

Chantilly, VA

Crepes Au Soleil - Herndon, VA

OMG!!! Where do I even begin?

A friend of mine invited me to go to lunch at this “restaurant” cough with her. She had a Groupon ticket she wanted to use.

What a HUGE disappointment.

First off, the restaurant is sold as “Crepes Au Soleil”. Go to the address. Unless you look for a restaurant called “Scoops,” you aren’t going to find this place. The name isn’t even displayed on the building or on the door.

The ads say “Come & dine with us.” What a joke.
You walk in the entrance. There is very little place to sit. We actually asked — “where do you sit?” They pointed to a ratty old
couch, a coffee table, 2 end tables, a folding table & and folding chairs.

The ice scream station was on wheels. I accidentally leaned against it and it rolled away. The crepes station was a joke. It was basically two hot plates where they were cooking your crepes. The register area was covered with cookies that the attendant was trying to hock as we all stood there.

I looked at my friend “Should we go someplace else?” That was my immediate reaction! Her reply? “I bought the Groupon’s. I’d like to use them.”

I’ve had crepes. Crepes are thin, delightfully light tastes of goodness. I’ve had good crepes. These are not good.

The place was horrible. Crepes are not supposed to be tough and chewy or rubbery. We had to cut the crepes with serrated knives which weren’t even sharp enough to cut butter. We couldn’t cut the crepes. They were dry & tasteless.

I had a veggie & cheese crepe. It was tasteless. The cheese was melted. That’s all I can really say about it. I also had an apple, brown sugar & cinnamon crepe garnished with whip crème. Both crepes, again, were tasteless. Both my friend and I opened our crepes to make sure they had a filling. It was barely there, but there. We both ordered coffee and when pointed out that the coffee pot was almost out, we were told “There’s enough for you.”
Seriously? We took the last of the coffee and pointed out that the coffee was out. They put the empty pot back on the burner and ignored it.

We sat at one of the end tables. It rocked as we ate. We ate on plastic catering plates. We had dull knives.

We ate & finished the crepes because my friend had paid for the Groupons. We would have walked out otherwise. I felt like we had ordered food from a Food Truck and were eating in the back of an abandoned warehouse.

As we were leaving, my friend asked “So, you going to bring your sister here?” NO!!! She then asked “Are you going to use the extra Groupon coupon I gave you?” NO!!! So I said “Do you want to use it with your husband?” NO!! I’m going to give it away. I won’t be back. I said "Neither will I as I handed her the coupon. There was an older lady there with her husband. She & her hubby seemed to be repeat customers. Both my friend & I almost choked on our food when she told us they had been there before? We both looked at her in shock & both thought the same thing “You came back?!?!?”

Definitely not going back!!!

Crepes

Crepes au Soleil  Restaurant Reviews

Crepes au Soleil is located near the cities of Mcnair, Reston, , and Sterling.
People found this by searching for: Crepes Herndon, Crepes Au Soleil Herndon, Crepes Au Soleil Herndon Menu, Crepes Herndon Va, Herndon Crepes, Crepes Au Soleil Herndon Restaurant, Crepes Au Soleil Menu, Crepes Au Soleil, and O Crepe Du Soleil.