Crook's Corner Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Downtown Chapel Hill
Cuisine: American, Soul Food, Breakfast

August 30, 2010

Horrible Service

I hate to have to write this review, because we've been to Crook's Corner before, and love their food and eclectic atmosphere. But we went there for dinner last night and had horrible service. We were walk-ins (I had called ahead for…
August 27, 2010

They've lost their edge. Has the chef lost interest?

Having been to Crook's Corner once or twice (not in the past 5 years) I was expecting a similar experience to those I had in the past. It still has a good reputation, right? We were all in agreement that it is not the place it used to…
August 14, 2010

"Southern" establishment lacks Southern Hospitality..

As a spur of the moment decision, my sister, mother and I decided to grab dinner somewhere in Chapel Hill and ended up at Crook's Corner. I went in thinking I'd be trying something new and hopefully find a new spot for future outings. Well…

11/16/2017

A dining patron from Apex, NC tried Ciaobella Lakeside in Govs Club, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

11/15/2017

A Steakhouse chowhound from Santa Clara, CA tried Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill and liked it.

10/26/2017

A Sportcafe chowhound from Charlotte, NC tried Michael Jordan's 23 in Downtown Chapel Hill and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/26/2017

A Californian chowhound from Fayetteville, NC tried K & W Cafeterias, Inc..

10/17/2017

A dining patron from Chapel Hill, NC tried Pantana Bob's in Downtown Chapel Hill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/13/2017

A dining patron from Carrboro, NC tried Flair Restaurant & Wine Bar, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fabulous lunches and dinners. Excellent service. Love the ambiance, owner and staff. Go there with pleasure as often as possible.
Cons
Frankly, no improvements are needed – well maybe an extra waitperson on busy nights. Big improvements can lead to precious and I hate that.
Comments
Have eaten in different restaurants every night this week. Had lunch there today, the pressed lamb sandwiches was the best thing I've eaten all week. My daughter, in Seattle restaurant business, said her kale salad was the best food she's eaten in ages.
10/12/2017

A dining patron from Chapel Hill, NC tried Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill.

9/27/2017

A dining patron from Chapel Hill, NC tried Panda Garden, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/13/2017

A Salads chowhound from US tried Marco's Pizza and liked it. They liked the food.

8/30/2017

A diner from Chapel Hill, NC tried Carolina Crossroads in University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

American Soul Food Breakfast
Tips
  • The outdoor patio is a prime dining area year-round. It is covered and heated for those winter nights.
Sun 10:30AM - 02:00PM
Sun 05:30PM - 12:00AM
Tue-Sat 05:30PM - 12:00AM

Crook's Corner Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Crook's Corner Restaurant is located near the cities of Carrboro.
People found this by searching for: Crooks Corner Menu, Crooks Corner Restuarant, Crook's Corner Restaurant, Rating Crooks Corner, Best Dish At Crooks Corner, Crooks Corner Resturant, New Crooks Corner Restaurant, and Crooks Corner.