Cypress Inn Restaurant

Cuisine: American, Breakfast, Catering

Cypress Inn Restaurant is a American, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Very delicious "
"The food, environment and wait staff "
"Good "
"Yummy food, great service, love eating outside over the water "
  • 1/12/2016

An American chowhound from Louisville, KY tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food.

• 12/08/2015

An American food lover from West Monroe, LA tried it.

• 10/16/2015

An American food lover from West Monroe, LA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 2/07/2015

An American food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 3/03/2015

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/11/2015

An American food lover from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 12/29/2014

An American chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/16/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/02/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 7/02/2014

An American chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

Arklady photo

Arklady

Little Rock, AR

Awesome food and a GREAT atmosphere!

We had so much fun and loved our dinner here while we were in Monroe. We asked the front desk at the Hilton Garden Inn where to get some good “Louisiana” cooking. They told us to go to Cypress Inn and I am so glad they did. We had an appetizer bowl of seafood gumbo to start which was wonderful. Then I had a combination plate with frog legs, fried catfish and boiled jumbo shrimp. It was all fantastic. My husband had the boiled crawfish and said they were very hot and spicy. The salad bar was very adequate and had pickled okra which I love. The best part was we sat outside on the “deck” overlooking a bayou. So cool since there were turtles and ducks everywhere begging for french fries and hushpuppies. Can’t wait to come back to Monroe and eat here again.

brookeyrenea photo

brookeyrenea

West Monroe, LA

Why you should NEVER eat here...

First let me start off by saying that for 24 years my family and I were frequent patrons of this seafood establishment, until I began employment there. The restaurant is under new ownership, and the new owner Vick Hendrix unfortunately does not take pride in the quality and freshness the food being served. I was asked to serve visibly rotten shrimp on two different occasions, and when I objected, I was told I had no choice but to serve it to my customers, or I would be terminated. I was also told that if the customers smelled the shrimp and refused to eat it, then I could bring it back to the kitchen and the cook would squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle seasonings on the shrimp to cover up the smell. This was the OWNER’S solution rather than serving food and putting his customers at a serious health risk. During the time I was employed at Cypress Inn, I had to call the health department because the owner refused to clean things up. Cypress Inn received three pages of health code violations. Like I said, my family and I loved this restaurant in the past, but after seeing how dirty the kitchen is, I would advise NOBODY to dine there. Not to mention, I have witnessed the cook staff drop food on the kitchen floore, and put the food right back on the customer’s plate, ready to serve…..

January 28, 2011

Owner STEALS tips from servers!

I've worked at restaurants and I know how little waiters are paid (usually less than $2.50 and hour). We had a party and the service was great our waitress was really nice and did a good job with out needy group. The customary 18% tip was…

6/25/2017

A Chinese food lover from Shreveport, LA tried Peking Chinese Restaurant and liked it. They liked the food.

6/23/2017

An American food lover from Monroe, LA tried Trio's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/23/2017

A diner from Monroe, LA tried China Chef.

6/21/2017

A Chinese food lover from US tried China Chef and liked it.

6/19/2017

A dining patron from Monroe, LA tried China Chef, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/17/2017

A Catering food lover from US tried The Pickle Barrel, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/12/2017

A Chinese food lover from US tried Peking Chinese Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Good food
6/08/2017

A Chinese food lover from Monroe, LA tried China Chef, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/06/2017

A dining patron from Monroe, LA tried Starbucks Coffee and liked it.

5/30/2017

A Greek food lover from US tried Athena Greek and Lebanese Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great greek food, friendly staff, fast service.
Cons
I miss the belly dancer.
American Breakfast Parking

Cypress Inn Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Cypress Inn Restaurant is located near the cities of Ouachita Parish, West Monroe, and Brownsville Bawcomville.
People found this by searching for: Cypress Inn Monroe La, Cypress Inn Menu Monroe La, Cypress Inn Monroe La Menu, Cypress Inn Monroe, La, Cypress Inn Restaurant Monroe La, Cypress Inn Monroe Menu, Cypress Inn Restaurant Monroe Menu, and Cypress Inn Minroe.