254 5th Ave
New York, NY 10001

Dano Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Midtown South Central
Cuisine: American, Fine Dining, Mediterranean

Dano Restaurant is a American, Fine Dining, and Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped between 15% to 18%.

skippy2445 photo

skippy2445

Irvine, CA

The most delicious salmon of my life.

I must forewarn you that I’ve only been to Dano Restaurant, or more commonly known as “Dano’s,” once in my life. It was during a trip to New York city in the early months of 2006 that the restaurant was recommended to me by my hotel’s concierge. I can’t put into words how grateful I am to the concierge for recommending Dano’s to me, because to this day, I have never had a better tasting salmon.

The restaurant itself is rather small. It’s very chic, and the service is good. It’s good for a date, but I went by myself and didn’t feel awkward at all. In fact, there were a few other single party customers during the time that I was there.

I was seated promptly, and the server immediately brought me water and bread. The bread was ordinary, but the butter was some of the best butter I have ever had in my life. It was similar to an olive butter, but it wasn’t oily. In fact, it was creamy in texture. I ate so much bread just to finish off that butter I actually feared that I wouldn’t be able to eat my entree. My entree, “Pan Roasted Salmon with Fresh Roasted Corn, Leeks, Shiitaki Mushrooms and Tomatoes in a White Wine Sauce Served over Rice ,” was even more delicious than the butter. (See the dish review below for more information.)

Overall, Dano’s was one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had, if only because the food was absolutely delicious. I haven’t had the chance to visit New York since, but I think about Dano’s often. In fact, from that trip I think about Dano’s more than any of the other shows, activities, or restaurants I enjoyed. I also rave about Dano’s to anyone I know who is going to visit New York.

Maybe my delightful experience was a fluke. Maybe the fish was extra fresh and the butter was extra blended. If it was, though, then it was the best fluke of my life. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant, and please review after me if you have a drastically different experience =)

Pan Roasted Salmon

This dish was the most delicious salmon I have ever had in my life. Salmon is one of the only fish I will eat, so believe me, I know my salmon. The full menu name of the dish is: “Pan Roasted Salmon with Fresh Roasted Corn, Leeks, Shiitaki Mushrooms and Tomatoes in a White Wine Sauce Served over Rice” and that basically says it all. The salmon was tender and juicy. The sauce was light yet flavorful. The vegetables added a magnificent flavor that wasn’t overpowering. The rice was perfectly cooked and complimented the rest of the dish exquisitely. It was simply the best salmon of my life and I don’t think I will be able to express myself fully and give the dish the amount of praise it deserves. An absolutely delicious dish.

American Fine Dining Chic

Pizza in Brownsville

Francesco Pizzeria & Italian

Pizza in Upper West Side

Dano Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Dano Restaurant is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: Dano Restaurant New York City, Dano Sports Bar Nyc, Dano's Restaurant, Best Salmon Dish In Nyc, Dano Nyc, Dano Restaurant Nyc, and Sushi Dano.