Dave Wong's Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Brookside
Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Oysters

Dave Wong's Restaurant is a Chinese, Lunch, and Oysters restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great food, service and staff."
"Lemon chicken and Hot & Sour soup"
"Love the food and fast service! "
"Great food"
Cons
"No cons"
"A little pricey, but worth it"
"Parking does suck but it's really the only negative I can find! "
Comments
"Reserve the private room for special occasions"
"Best Chinese food in Stockton!!!"
esyue22 photo

esyue22

Extremely overpriced fake Chinese food

Fake chinese food that is extremely overpriced. An order of egg rolls costs about $6. Take out boxes are very small. Deep fried items are very oily. Fried rice is tasteless. The somewhat acceptable dishes are stir fry vegetables and lemon chicken, if you like a lot of batter though.

Fried rice

Oily with not much flavor

LEC photo

LEC

Bug in Soup

If we’re going for “Chinese” we always go to Dave Wong’s. Unfortunately yesterday we found a small bug in our sizzling rice soup (confirmed with magnifying glass). We showed it to the waiter and he dismissed it by saying-it doesn’t look like anything, so we took it home. We also found a hair in our rice bowl. We were seated by our waiter, an older man,who seemed like he didn’t want to be there. He didn’t greet us, and he noisily dropped the place settings and clanked the plates on the table, almost dropping them. He ladled the soup in the same manner and pushed them around the table. We’ll be looking for a new “Chinese” after years of frequenting Dave Wong’s. Good restaurants do go bad.

sizzling rice soup

Had a bug in it.

steamed rice

Had a hair in it.

kung pao

Very good and not too hot.

yodabiri photo

yodabiri

Stockton, CA

Dave wongs - watch your bill

This is a highly overpriced-small portion Chinese food place. Went in for a family style dinner. Ordered 6 or 7 dishes (for 7 people) and rice with 1 ORDER OF EACH ENTREE. They used their own discretion to increase OUR orders to 2 ORDERS EACH without telling us because THEY THOUGHT we needed more food. They said it was our fault for not telling them they gave us TOO MUCH food and suggested we pay for the entire bill.

All in all – go to China Palace on March Lane and West Lane – their portions are large for cheaper and the same quality. Even Tsing Tao is better on Hammer Lane.

Out bill was suppose to be ~75$ but it nearly doubled to over $100+

SZ photo

SZ

Its always packed..

I agree it is a more american version of Asian food but it works. I think most locals enjoy it its always packed. My husband doesn’t like asian food but he will eat at Dave Wongs he really likes the hot and sour soup. I like the whole menu myself lemon chicken, chicken fried rice, Porkchow mein, mongolian beef, I only wish they had a larger menu..

Hot & Sour Soup

Spicy, Tangy and original

December 26, 2012

Delightfull

The Shrimp Dumpling Soup was Amazing\r \r We always try to stop by and enjoy a meal here we have never been disappointed.
September 10, 2010

Dave Wongs... The best!!!!

I am originally from Stockton and have been living in the San Diego area for 6 yrs now. I have not yet found a place like DWongs. I would eat there at least once a wk. We still eat there every time we visit family. I know the menu very…

Chinese Parking Outdoor seating

Dave Wong's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/09/2015 A diner from Stockton, CA tried it.

• 10/15/2015 A diner from Irvine, CA tried it.

• 8/02/2015 A diner from CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/23/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/27/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 1/24/2015 A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it.

• 1/18/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 1/12/2015 A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 12/26/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 12/22/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

People found this by searching for: Dave Wong's Stockton Menu, Dave Wong's Stockton, Dave Wong's Menu Stockton Ca, Dave Wongs, Dave Wong's Deli March Lane, Dave Wong, Dave Wong's Menu, and Dave Wong's Stockton Ca.