3204 Us Highway 98 N
Lakeland, FL 33805

Denny's

Cuisine: American, Diner, American Diner

Denny's is a American, Diner, and American Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Food"
Cons
"Servers"
Comments
"Na"
  • 7/16/2016

An American food lover from US tried it and liked it.

• 4/25/2014

An American chowhound from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/08/2013

An American chowhound from Lakeland, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Servers
    Comments
    Na
Dsk photo

Dsk

Miami, FL

Horrible Denny's top down [go to cracker b]

I waited well over a month to write this review, so it’s with a clear head. There is a problem here and it starts at the top and trickles down to poor food prep, cooking ,service and general managing of delivering a great product and pleasurable experience. I had 3 back to back bad experiences and all three different, from calling in for delivery via app service where as night manager hung up after being rude and nasty after I asked why did you cancel my order an hour after I ordered it on Christmas eve with every other option closed, she hung up, would not give her name after several attempts, took phone off the hook, oh and did I mention she said they were closed… So I go to the restaurant, not closed and just thought Denny’s always find the right people to mess up their brand, manager outside on a smoke break. I go again second time for the meatless burger promotion, the promotion was if you buy a drink you get the meatless burger Free, so I did. In the process of ordering I asked to substitute the American cheese with Cheddar, I dont like American cheese. The server, said no problem. I get my burger with guess what? Answer: American Cheese. So I bring this immediately to her attention and she was upset… come back with same burger, cheese scraped off and replaced with cheddar put back on the grill and charred. Now let’s unpack a bit, shouldn’t the gave thrown the burger away, I’m not into waste but is this not a good idea to take back to the kitchen? But sorrily she did and they didnt make better but worse so I take a picture of the remade, charred meatless and finally the server asked, want me to have them make you a fresh one [I’m like duh]. Now I’m waiting seemingly forever, does she offer a drink or fries or something for all the inconveniences and bad experience NO. Finally got fresh meatless burger with cheddar and it was good [45 minutes later]. 3rd and it’s the crowning of the all bad experiences. Before, I leave I decide to call corporate from my table, as I was so disgusted with this Denny’s. On my way out, I’m asked how was everything and I shared just about all if not more of what I am sharing now and it turns out to be the Regional Manager Hendrick with the store general manager John, I believe. Hendrik was very sympathetic and showed what seemed to be sincere empathy. I showed Hendrick the pics and he said with the service over Christmas and how they performed this particular day he would be upset too and asked how can he make it right. I told Hendrick I would follow up with restaurant. Hendrick volunteered his mobile phone number and told me to let him know again with restaurant GM shadowing him. So after getting in and sending him pics from that day , I also send receipts from Christmas eve so there was a time stamp so he could narrator down all involved in the sh"/t show… I went on a vacation came back and texted him since I never heard back. I texted him 3 more times over a 2 week period still no response and this is the Regional Manager, I’m referring to [smh]. So disappointed. He could have given a gift card and with what appeared to be sincere care when meeting him this could turned out to be different but nope all it did was have me to conclude the problems of this restaurant trickles down from the top. [My apologies for any poor grammar or typos] I hope this review helps other to avoid this particular location. Hendrick said it’s a franchise not corporate run and you can tell.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

When you're dealing with chains, the...

When you’re dealing with chains, the expectations are that they’re pretty much the “same all over” – similar menus, well trained staff, hopefully “good to better” service and better than adequate food – in our travels, locally and other parts of the country we hope for that – this one met all those expectations – located on 98 North, Lakeland, it’s on the left going out – near other “eateries” (Bob E, BK and others). Parking was satisfactory (again, we try to frequent the “non-busiest” times) – seating was quick – all went well with the “preliminaries” including drinks and ordering and the service was very good overall.

Stack Of Pancakes

The better half decided to go with pancakes – he’s not only a BBQ nut, he’s a “pancake” nut too! He can eat some pancakes… he said they were fluffy and “just right”. He didn’t get the “unlimited” pancake meal, he’d probably still be there eating!

T-Bone Steak and Eggs

The steak was tender and good flavor, two eggs over easy (both on top of a piece of toast) – I think about first time I didn’t have to lift it on the bread myself – sounds like “no big deal” but it’ hard to not “lift and break” at same time – usually they “forget” even tho’ it says it on the ticket! yippee. The eggs were “over easy” (not fried flat as a flounder and not runny!)

American Diner American Diner

Denny's  Restaurant Reviews

Denny's is located near the cities of Eaton Park.
People found this by searching for: Denny's Us 98 North Closed, "3204 North Us Hwy 98, Lakeland, Fl 33805", Dennys Menu Lakelandfl, Denny's On 98 North, Denysrestaurantus98lakeland, Dennys 3204 Us Hwy 98 N., Lakeland Dennys, Menu For Dennys Lakeland,Fl, and Denisrestaurant Us 98 Lalekand Florida.